Focal Point
Flex Enable: How to apply 1 set of filters to 2 datagrids (different setURL on both)

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/5747078716

March 15, 2012, 10:51 AM
DW_Dev
Flex Enable: How to apply 1 set of filters to 2 datagrids (different setURL on both)
Hi all,

I'm using Flash Builder and Flex Enable to create a dashboard.
For simplicity sake I have 2 datagrids, and 3 list box.
Both the datagrid's data comes from different sources. They have 3 common dimensions (columns).
I want to filter the data based on those 3 columns.
The 3 lists are created using ibiList.
The problem is ibiList can filter only one datagrid that is mentioned in ibiParent.
I want it to filter both the datagrids.

For now I have created 3 more ibilist with visible = falese and on change of any I copy the selected list from one to another and call dofilter. I am not sure if this is a correct way to do. I will be adding many unnecesarry ibilist components.
Any other suggesstions?
Thank You in Advance for your time.

Webfocus 7.7.04, Windows, HTML,Excel , Active PDF, Active HTML, Flex Enable
March 19, 2012, 11:56 AM
Darin Lee
I recall running into this in past development, but I believe I handled it the same way - by creating invisible controls that received the same values as the visible controls but were used to filter different components. I'll look back and see if I can find what I did.

Regards,

Darin

In FOCUS since 1991
WF Server: 7.7.04 on Linux and Z/OS, ReportCaster, Self-Service, MRE, Java, Flex
Data: DB2/UDB, Adabas, SQL Server Output: HTML,PDF,EXL2K/07, PS, AHTML, Flex
WF Client: 77 on Linux w/Tomcat