Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     File Read Pointer Resets to First Record?

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
File Read Pointer Resets to First Record?
 Login/Join

posted
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

My goal is to loop through the output of a file, call a stored procedure to perform a row insert in the database, check the SP result set to confirm the success of the insert, and then generate an email message to the intended recipient.

When I skip over the call to the stored procedure, the loop increments and properly selects the next value in the file. When I allow execution of the SP, the record pointer gets stuck on the first record. I have verified this by forcing a couple of extra reads after the SP and seeing that indeed the 2nd and 3rd records are then read, only to re-read the first record when returning to the top of the loop.

My code is:

-* File oot_email_main.fex
-INCLUDE _setserv_max.fex

SET PRINTPLUS = ON
SET EMPTYREPORT = OFF
SET NODATA = ''

ENGINE SQLORA SET DEFAULT_CONNECTION &MYSERV
SQL SQLORA PREPARE OOTWORKORDER FOR
SELECT
		workorder.wonum,
		workorder.assetnum,
		workorder.pmnum
FROM	workorder, snlcoot
WHERE	workorder.wonum = snlcoot.wonum
AND		snlcoot.isnoticerequired = 1
AND		snlcoot.acceptedby is null
;
END

-* Output workorder numbers to file for use in loop
TABLE FILE OOTWORKORDER
PRINT
	WONUM
	ASSETNUM
	PMNUM
BY WONUM NOPRINT
-*ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT HTML
ON TABLE HOLD AS WOHOLD FORMAT ALPHA
END
-RUN

-DEFAULT &WONUM = '';
-SET &WFFMT = 'PDF';
-SET &RECCNT = &LINES;
-SET &CNTR = 0;
-SET &DATESENT = HCNVRT(HGETC(8,'HYYMDS'),'(HYYMDS)',19,'A19');
-SET &DATEDUE = HCNVRT(HADD(HGETC(8,'HYYMDS'), 'DAY', 28, 8, 'HYYMDS'),'(HYYMDS)',19,'A19');

-* Main loop start
-REPEAT TABLELOOP &RECCNT TIMES
-READ WOHOLD &HOLDREC.A64.
-TYPE &HOLDREC
-SET &CNTR = &CNTR + 1;
-SET &WONUM = SUBSTR(65, &HOLDREC, 7, 24, 18, 'A18');
-SET &ASSETNUM = SUBSTR(65, &HOLDREC, 31, 50, 20, 'A20');
-SET &PMNUM = SUBSTR(65, &HOLDREC, 57, 62, 8, 'A8');
-SET &PMNUM = IF &PMNUM EQ '.' THEN '' ELSE &PMNUM;

-* Non-conformance notification update and email generation
-* Update database with notification record
-DEFAULT &NOTIFTYPE = 'OOT';
-DEFAULT &CATEGORY = 'INITIAL';
-DEFAULT &RECIPIENTS = 'myself';

-TYPE WONUM &WONUM ASSETNUM &ASSETNUM PMNUM &PMNUM NOTIFTYPE &NOTIFTYPE CATEGORY &CATEGORY RECIPIENTS &RECIPIENTS
-*GOTO TABLELOOP

ENGINE SQLORA SET DEFAULT_CONNECTION &MYSERV
SQL SQLORA
EX mxescal_dev.mxes_webfocus_notify '&ASSETNUM', '&WONUM', '&PMNUM',
	'&NOTIFTYPE', '&CATEGORY', '&DATESENT', '&DATEDUE', '&RECIPIENTS';

TABLE FILE SQLOUT
PRINT
	ASSETNUM AS 'MYASSET'
	WONUM AS 'MYWORKORDER'
ON TABLE HOLD AS OOT_INSERTS
END
-RUN

-* Check if any rows in result set - an indication that the insert was successful
-* If so, generate the email notification
-IF &LINES LE 0 THEN GOTO PROCFAIL;
-* TODO: add call to email generating fex here

-PROCFAIL

-TABLELOOP
-CLOSE WOHOLD

TIA!

WebFOCUS 7.1.6 on Sun/Solaris (dev/qual/prod), Servlet running on WebLogic 9.2

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Jim

This is expected behaviour, a -RUN will close the file. Use the NOCLOSE option on the -READ.

Alan.
WF 7.705/8.007

Posts: 1451 | Location: Portugal | Registered: February 07, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Boy do I feel dumb (and I wish I asked sooner - wasted a lot of time on this one)!

Thanks for your help.

WebFOCUS 7.1.6 on Sun/Solaris (dev/qual/prod), Servlet running on WebLogic 9.2