Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Subtotals
 Login/Join

posted
I need to subtotal fields that are not actually on the report. Also this has to be done using an across statement, which means I can't use SUBTOTAL or SUBFOOT (I think anyway). Here is an example (of course I would need it lined up better than this):

Name Paydate
10/15/2003 10/31/2003 11/15/2003

Joe Smith 5000.00 4900.00 3500.00
Kim Jones 4000.00 4500.00 4000.00

Total Gross 9000.00 9400.00 7500.00
Overhead 900.00 940.00 750.00
Grand Total 9900.00 10340.00 8250.00

Any help would be appreciated. This report needs to be in EXL2K.

Posts: 25 | Location: Kingwood, Tx | Registered: May 06, 2003Report This Post
<mhuber>
posted
Victoria,
I haven't used this feature very much, but it sounds like a textbook example of using Financial Report Painter. Basically, you put all your fields into Report Painter, make one of them a FOR field, then click the Matrix tab at the bottom to get into Financial Report Painter. With this, you can print out detailed values to get Joe Smith & Kim Jones. On another line, you'll print out aggregated numbers to get Total Gross, then below that put Overhead, and finally do an Excel-like calculation of Total Gross + Overhead to get Grand Total.

Again, I don't know all the details about Financial Report Painter... I just remember seeing it in a WF demo.

If that solution isn't acceptable, there may be another way...
Is Overhead always 1/10 (or some other percentage) of Total Gross? If so, you might be able to use RECAP and multi-verb requests (possibly before doing the ACROSS) to get Total Gross and Overhead. You might need to do some finagling with HOLD files & temporary fields to get what you need. If Overhead is a database field, you still might be able to use HOLD files to manipulate the data enough.

I'm just thinking out loud... just trying to get your creative juices flowing.

I hope this helps.
-Michael

Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Victoria, i'm sure you've handled this by now,
but if GROSS and OVERHEAD were your variable
SUM GROSS OVERHEAD ACROSS DATE
BY GROUPING NOPRINT BY GUYSNAME
ON GROUPING SUBTOTAL MULTILINES AS 'sometitle'

this should get you started. you'll define the variable GROUPING so that it has many values of GUYSNAME for GROSS but only 1 value for OVERHEAD;

Of course, i agree with the other person, FML is ultra cool way to do this, but if you're not FML-ready, this ought to help

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post