Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] OLAP- Display selected dimension & values in the report

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] OLAP- Display selected dimension & values in the report
 Login/Join

posted
I have used tabbed style for displaying the dimension. When I select some values for the some the fields in the dimensions, I would like to print the dimension and the selected value in the report so that when we export or print we will have the slection criteria saved along with the report.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

Version 764 on iSeries, V5r4, Client running on Tomcat 5.xx

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
To do that, you would have to be able to catch the variables your report is running with. These variables would normally be &-variables, since they are selected on the html-page and then submitted to webfocus as &vars. OLAP however works differntly. OLAP is an applet that controls what will be sent out to the server. The selections made in the olap screen will be translated by the olap applet to 'real' where-statements, and the shipped off to the server. There are no &vars in an olap request. So there is no way I know of to do what you would want to do.

But maybe someone else does have a better idea....

GamP

- Using AS 8.2.01 on Windows 10 - IE11.
in Focus since 1988

Posts: 1961 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: September 25, 2007Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Got the same situation - ie trying to place the selected values from the OLAP Dimension(s) into the Heading of the report so that the user knows what they have selected when/if they need to print.
Anybody got any new ideas ? - I can see via 'view source' that OLAP places an explicit IF condition to the re-run code, surely these must be held in variables somewhere?

Cheers
Stu

WF 8005 MRE BID RCaster DevStu PMF 5.3.1 Hotfix 5
XP Oracle.

Posts: 55 | Location: UK-London | Registered: January 27, 2005Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Found it - thanks to previous post from Duncan in New York.
Select OLAP panel, then selection criteria then you have a check box to see selection criteria in heading or footing.
Anybody know if this can be set on by default ?

XP Oracle.

Gold member
posted Hide Post
maybe it would help if I looked at the source before posting ! - OLAP generated a line...
OLAP GUI = DYNAMIC_HEADING ON.
I inserted this into the fex before TABLE and it worked a treat.

XP Oracle.

posted Hide Post
Even with OLAP GUI = DYNAMIC_HEADING ON, it is not displaying the dimension field values selected. Wre are using tabbed olap heading in the fex with "ON TABLE SET OLAPPANE TABBED"

Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info on this post... it pointed me in the right direction. I found that you can set a default value for an OLAP dimension and turn the heading on:

1. Run the report with the filter values you want to use as defaults. Use the OLAP panel to turn on the headings.

2. View the page source.

3. Copy the generated IF statement(s) and put it/them in the same location as the generated code. Mine looked like this:
IF BenElStatusDescription EQ 'Eligible'

4. Copy the section that has your generated header, inlcuding the comments. Paste them into the same location in your procedure. Mine looked like this:
/*_FROM_OCP DYNAMIC_HEADING_BEGIN END_OCP_*/
"IF BenElStatusDescription EQ 'Eligible'"
/*_FROM_OCP DYNAMIC_HEADING_END END_OCP_*/

5. Turn on the dynamic heading. Mine went right underneath the -OLAP ON command:
-OLAP ON
OLAP GUI=DYNAMIC_HEADING ON

I ran the report and it pulled up the default filter I wanted and generated the heading. Selecting other values for the BenElStatusDescription filter replaced the default IF statement and report heading.

Hope this helps others out there looking for the same functionality.

Local Development Environment:
WF 7.6.10 on Vista Ultimate 64-bit Edition
Client Environments:
WF 7.1.3, 7.6.4, and 7.6.10 on various Windows Server platforms using servlet implementation over SSL
Oracle and MSSQL DBs
Output formats: HTML, PDF, Excel 2000, XML

Posts: 26 | Location: Tampa Bay, FL | Registered: September 30, 2008Report This Post