Focal Point
Save Settings in Guided Adhoc

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/5777023026

May 18, 2012, 11:01 AM
swetha
Save Settings in Guided Adhoc
Hi,

I developed a guided adhoc report which has a double list control where the user can choose number of fields he want on his report.There are many dropdown lists,check boxes,text boxes,radio buttons etc for the selection criteria.There is a Run button and also a Refresh button.

Now the business line is asking for a new requirement where they want to save some queries that they regularly use.So whenever they launch the Guided Adhoc, in addition to doing the regular selections from the Doublelist and the selection criteria, they also want to execute some saved queries.

Is this doable.Can somebody put some thoughts into it.

Thanks.

WebFOCUS 7.6.7
windows
Html,Pdf and Excel
May 21, 2012, 09:54 AM
Doug
Are they open to using InfoAssit?

If so, they can save their reports and reuse them?

If not, You may need to pre-process your report with a "save their data for future use" routine. That routine would write the values which they provided into a file which is read when ever they access that parameters page.

It's a bit of work: but, doable.
May 21, 2012, 10:38 AM
Don Garland
I think the "Save Selection" button was available around 7.6.7? This allowed you to save your parameter selections to the MY REPORTS folder.

The My Reports folder is accessable through the Managed Reporting Interface or a Dashboard View.

WebFOCUS Administrator @ Worldpay FIS
PROD/DEV/TEST: 8204, SANDBOX: 8206 soon - BIP, Reportcaster, Resource Manager, EUM, HyperStage soon, DB: HIVE,Oracle,MSSQL
May 24, 2012, 11:46 AM
swetha
Doug They do have access to InfoAssist.

How do they save their reports to My Reports folder.Can some body explain.I am in ManagedReporting and I see only three folders- Standard Reports,Reporting Objects and Other.

I see the My Reports folder in Dashboard view.
What should I do to view the saved IA reports in My Reports folder.

WebFOCUS 7.6.7
windows
Html,Pdf and Excel
June 11, 2012, 07:43 AM
Rajani
Hi,
i have requirement like one dropdown list box and one Iframe.No of item is displaying data in list box.if any items choose from the list box then iframe should display other details with respect select items from list box.

Can any one helpout from this.

Thanks

WebFOCUS 7.6
Windows, All Outputs