Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CASE-OPENED] PDF Report not getting displayed occasionally

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CASE-OPENED] PDF Report not getting displayed occasionally
 Login/Join

<Remya Job>
posted
Hi,

I am facing an issue with displaying the PDF generated with WebFOCUS in IE.

Here is my problem. I deployed the ASP.NET (C#) application in place an year ago. Everything was working fine till a week back, but then I get a call from the owner of the site telling me that the PDF files are not getting displayed for few users occassionally.
I am not able to reproduce this in any of the developer's[team] machine. But, I could see this in a different machine with the same configuration, very rarely. I checked this and sure enough, when you click on the link that displays the PDF file, the browser goes blank. I discovered that if you hit the refresh button on the browser the PDF file will load into the browser just as it always did.

Please help me to resolve this issue.

Thanks in advance.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
This sounds familiar, could it be an IE issue ?

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
<Remya Job>
posted
This issue occurs very rarely.
The developement machine and the testing machine(where the issue occurs) are of the same configuration.In fact i could reproduce it just once in one of the development machines.
When this issue occurs I am not able to view most of the reports in the application in different machines at that moment of time.
So i dont think this has anything to do with the IE.

Report This Post
<JG>
posted
quote:
When this issue occurs I am not able to view most of the reports in the application in different machines at that moment of time

That looks very much like either a WebFOCUS / HTTP / application server issue.
However if it recovers without any intervention I would be inclined to suspect a network issue of some sort.

Report This Post
<Remya Job>
posted
If it was a network issue, this would have happened in all the machines at that time.
But the issue occurs in very few machines.
We have heard from the client about the agent crash almost the same time when this issue occurs. Does this have anything to do with WebFOCUS agent crash?

Report This Post
<JG>
posted
quote:
agent crash almost the same time when this issue occurs

A very important piece of information and key to the resolution.

You need to look very carefully at the code and try to get a reproducible
scenario so that you can take some traces.

If the reports were running fine up until just over a week ago that implies that
there has either been a change on the server or a change on the clients.

A good starting point would be to find those changes.

Another possible cause could be corruption in you source data, trying to perform
some subroutines on invalid input can cause a crash.

This seems unlikely however as if that were the cause the crashes would be consistent.

Really for something like this you should raise a case with IBI support.

Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
I agree with JG:
quote:
raise a case with IBI support.
I may be the data as well. Are these failures coming about as the results of the same "Test Case"? I have also seen that, on occasion (especially on Windows / PDF), that Adobe PDF has issues. Check that out via Task Manager on the machine which is failing to display the PDF document.
-Doug

In FOCUS Since 1983 ~ from FOCUS to WebFOCUS.
   Current: WebFOCUS Administrator at FIS Worldpay | 8204, 8206

Posts: 3132 | Location: Tennessee, Nashville area | Registered: February 23, 2005Report This Post
<Remya Job>
posted
I have raised a case with IBI support.I am waiting for their reply.

Quote:

Report This Post