Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] month convert

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] month convert
 Login/Join

Silver Member
posted
I need to convert a parameter to pull the previous 2nd month. current month is 09 14, I need to pull 07 14/ I used below convert, but somthing not right:

&MTH --072014
I want &MTH1 is 062014

-SET &MTH1 = DATECVT(DATEADD(DATECVT(&MTH,'I6YYMM','YYMM'),'M', -1), 'YYMM','I6YYMM');

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Kathryn Henning>,

WebFOCUS 7.6
Windows, All Outputs

Silver Member
posted Hide Post
-SET &THISYEAR=EDIT(&YYMD, '9999$$$$');
-SET &THISMONTH=EDIT(&YYMD, '$$$$99$$');
-SET &LASTMONTH=IF &THISMONTH EQ 01 THEN 12 ELSE (&THISMONTH - 2);
-SET &LASTMONTHA = IF &LASTMONTH LT 10 THEN '0' || EDIT(&LASTMONTH) ELSE EDIT(&LASTMONTH);
-SET &YEAR=IF &THISMONTH EQ 01 THEN (&THISYEAR - 1) ELSE &THISYEAR;
-SET &THISMONTHDAY=EDIT(&THISMONTH) || EDIT(&YEAR);
-SET &LASTMONTHDAY=EDIT(&LASTMONTHA) || EDIT(&YEAR);
-TYPE &THISMONTHDAY
-TYPE &LASTMONTHDAY
-EXIT

WebFOCUS 8.0.08 - BI Portal, Developer Studio, App Studio, Excel, PDF, Active Formats and HTML5
Windows, All Outputs

posted Hide Post
-SET &MTH1 = '072014' ;

-* You were very close ... DATEADD takes a full smart like MDYY or YYMD Like so

-SET &MTH1 = DATECVT( DATEADD( DATECVT ( &MTH, 'I6MYY','MDYY') , 'M' , -1 ), 'MDYY' , 'I6MYY') ;

-* you can however just add or subtract against a non 'Day' Based date like so :

-SET &MTH1 = DATECVT( DATECVT ( &MTH, 'I6MYY','MYY') -1 , 'MYY' ,'I6MYY') ;

WebFOCUS 7.6
Windows, All Outputs

Silver Member
posted Hide Post
the code worked. it came out 62014. how can I make it look like 062014?

WebFOCUS 7.6
Windows, All Outputs

Expert
posted Hide Post
Output an alpha date:

-SET &MTH1 = DATECVT( DATECVT ( &MTH, 'I6MYY','MYY') -2 , 'MYY' ,'A6MYY') ;

In the future, please be more consistent in your question. In your original post, you state "previous 2nd month. current month is 09 14, I need to pull 07 14", then you state "&MTH --072014, I want &MTH1 is 062014", then you show code "-SET &MTH1 = DATECVT(DATEADD(DATECVT(&MTH,'I6YYMM','YYMM'),'M', -1), 'YYMM','I6YYMM');" - first you want to subtract two months, then 1 month. You show dates as Month/Year, but your code is Year/Month...

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
IT worked very well. Thank you all for your help!

WebFOCUS 7.6
Windows, All Outputs

Expert
posted Hide Post
FYI,

There is also a legacy function called AYM that you could have used.

AYM(indate, months, output_format)

indate: I4, I4YM, I6 or I6YYM

months: Integer

output_format: I4YM or I6YYM

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post