Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] WF 8104 Chrome Listbox issue

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] WF 8104 Chrome Listbox issue
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
I have recently upgraded our WebFocus server to 8104 and have noticed a strange issue that I did not have in the previous WebFocus server version. In Chrome some listbox elements will not show a scroll bar and the options overflow the element's height. Not all listbox elements have this issue. Has anyone experenced this with Chrome and 8104? FYI, listbox elements in FireFox and IE work like normal.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Kathryn Henning>,

In Focus since 2012
WebFOCUS 8.0.07
Windows, All Outputs

Expert
posted Hide Post
That's a weird one.

Are you able to post a screen shot.

We are on 8104 and have not seen this in chrome.

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
I also had some weird behavior with listboxes in 8.1.4. Using IE 8 I had a listbox that was showing duplicates, same code base in 8.00.8 and it was not, but in IE 11 in 8.1.4, it was working correctly.

Very strange.

I ended up changing the program to only get disticts records for the listbox.

WebFOCUS 8.1.05

posted Hide Post
Yes, we had to download/enable the IE Tab extension. Its important to note IE Tab extension includes ActiveX and we had to also download/enable ActiveX entensions for 2 endusers.

The other little nuance to note, once the IE Tab extension is enabled you'll see the IE image on the right side of your screen. You must click on the IE image and input the url in the 2nd address bar below the Google Chrome address bar.

Hope this helps

Posts: 12 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: November 02, 2011Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
I found the issue an it was caused by the server upgrade braking the elements css settings. After digging around I noticed the change and made the corrections.

Daniel

In Focus since 2012
WebFOCUS 8.0.07
Windows, All Outputs

Expert
posted Hide Post
quote:
After digging around I noticed the change and made the corrections

What was the change you made ?

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
I've experienced a similar issue with GC.

You need to change the property called "Style: Advanced (CSS)" and can be modified directly or by using the Style Composer dialog.

In the Style Composer, select Layout and under the Content section select Overflow: Not Set.

Also, with Chrome, if the "Mark text" feature of a text control is either set to "Y"
or "N", the default "Value" is displayed as: ® ***** ¯ on screen. So this option
not has to be set.

With IE and FF it doesn't matter, but GC is affected if this setting is not done.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: MartinY,

WF versions : Prod 8.2.04M gen 33, Dev 8.2.04M gen 33, OS : Windows, DB : MSSQL, Outputs : HTML, Excel, PDF
In Focus since 2007

Posts: 2409 | Location: Montreal Area, Qc, CA | Registered: September 25, 2013Report This Post