Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] Style Sheets, PDF and FOCUS MVS 7.3.4

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] Style Sheets, PDF and FOCUS MVS 7.3.4
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
Bonjour,
Style Sheets are certainly not a new adventure for Focus. But I like that an old concept (For driving PostScript Printers) helped Focus to handle so many evolutions. My point, that will appear strange to many of you, brilliant youngsters, is to use Focus MVS and its Stylesheets to build PDF reports. Our FTP tool will bring it to the people who asked for it.
My point is that I find it difficult to have what I want. As some Developpers, who think that Cobol is playing dirty tricks, I come to think that Focus does not respect the orders written in the StyleSheet. Up to falling in a dirty S0C4 when I precise some Heading.
Aside from telling me to enjoy a nice retirement in a sunny place, could you please help me ( Sticking to IBI style sheets as a start )
Cordially and Focusely
PS : Exactly what Focus does for Excel - in coma delimited form, that is so far from brand new, but ...

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

Focus Mainframe 7.6.11
Dev Studio 7.6.11 and !!!
PC Focus, Focus for OS/2, FFW Six, MSO

Posts: 134 | Registered: November 06, 2007Report This Post
<JG>
posted
Baillecl

If you actually told us what you wanted to do then we might be able to help.
I cannot see from what you have written even guess what you need.

All of the styling documentation is available in the FOCUS manual

FOCUS for Mainframe DN1001056.1003

Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Nice to give me a second chance,
My point is to use Hold Format PDF outside of DS, MRE and friends. Just the old Rocky Focus.
My idea was to ask this community if there were knomn mistakes to avoid.
For instance, when using AS, should I build my Style sheets name colums like AS or stick original FieldNames. And don't tell me how to count the columns, with or without the sort fieds, this abomination ( Linked to CALC format of Focus 2.1 and a half ) is pure rubbish.
I wish I could have good points given by great guys. (there are many out there)
Of course, you might prefer a precise question like : 'Focus stops searching stangely : The Master precises a Segtype = S03, and the file is not sorted according to its first 3 fields : Please tell me why Focus does not find all the records'
Nonetheless, I thank you for the second chance.
By the way, I just printed the Doc about Focus Style sheets (But did they change that much since FFW Six ?)
Cordially and Focusely
Just Before Down and Outedly

Focus Mainframe 7.6.11
Dev Studio 7.6.11 and !!!
PC Focus, Focus for OS/2, FFW Six, MSO

Posts: 134 | Registered: November 06, 2007Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Hi Baillecl,

I consult with internal experts and was suggested that, can you please be more specific and state what the technical problem is? Then we may be able to better assist you.

Cheers,

Kerry

Kerry Zhan
Focal Point Moderator
Information Builders, Inc.

Posts: 1948 | Location: New York | Registered: November 16, 2004Report This Post