Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] output ? FILE / ? FDT

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] output ? FILE / ? FDT
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
After searching through the forums/ibi support ive found that the output of ? FILE will give me the changed date of the file I require.
However, Im struggling to get this information into a file that I can read as a variable. The dataset im reading is on the old mainframe which we read with -remote begin/end tags.

Can anyone point me in the direction of the code to write this information to a file? There seems to be a lot of referencez to the function but not writing the info out.

thanks very much!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

81.05 All formats

Posts: 56 | Location: Manchester | Registered: November 21, 2006Report This Post
<JG>
posted
There is no option to do what you want using ? FILE or ? FDT

What you will have to do is something like the following.

The file you are looking for info on needs to exist in an app folder for example baseapp

the following will then give you the stats

APP QUERY BASEAPP HOLD
-RUN
SELECT DATE,TIME,SIZE,FILENAME,APPNAME FROM FOCAPPQ
-RUN

If you cannot allocate the file as an APP folder then the only option
is to use an operating system command to write the stats to a flat file then
read the file.

Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
thats my main problem in how I can write the stats to a file. if I could do that i think I would be well away. I dont know how I would write the output to a file but im still plugging away here but without any luck.

'the bruise on my forehead seems to be growing'

81.05 All formats

Posts: 56 | Location: Manchester | Registered: November 21, 2006Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Do a search in this forum on the keywords 'trace' and 'define'. This will show you a discussion about how to get output of this kind in a file.

Hope this helps ...

GamP

- Using AS 8.2.01 on Windows 10 - IE11.
in Focus since 1988

Posts: 1961 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: September 25, 2007Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Well this problem went away due to managing the expectations of the individual who requested the information.

However, it is still something I would like to know for future. Ive had a search with the keywords, however, it all seems relevant to being on a windows based environment...i.e the location of the filedef disk.

My data files are on our mainframe, which we reference with a remote begin/remote end. Will keep plodding on try to sort this & will post any solution I find.

Problems, they are like a marathon. you toil away for hours but when you get there the feelings fantastic!

81.05 All formats