Focal Point
[CLOSED] Disabling STOP Request from MR Dashboard

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/5797042416

December 13, 2011, 12:32 AM
Sunilk
[CLOSED] Disabling STOP Request from MR Dashboard
I have available dashboard links of which i need to disable the STOP request for one user group from utilities link menu.
I did removed the option by going to the group view settings and taking off the stop request from selected links section.After that when i am rerunning the dashboard this link is still available to the user.
Can anyone help.Do I need some extra settings to take off just the stop request menu item from the utilities link for the user

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

WebFocus 7.7.02
Windows, All Outputs
December 13, 2011, 04:58 PM
Sayed
Did you re-assign the users to the view after making the changes in view builder? And make sure to check the box that says "replace user content"

Thanks,
Sayed

WF 8.x and 7.7.x Win/UNIX/AS400, MRE/Portal/Self-Service, IIS/Tomcat, WebSphere, IWA, Realmdriver, Active Directory, Oracle, SQLServer, DB2, MySQL, JD Edwards, E-BIZ, SAP BW, R/3, ECC, ESSBASE
December 13, 2011, 05:17 PM
Francis Mariani
You may need to make the changes in the Group View > Edit Settings > User Links section.

This seems to be a new option in v7.7 and I haven't quite figured out why these links can be manipulated in two places.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server
December 14, 2011, 05:10 AM
Sunilk
Thanks for responding.
I already removed STOP Request from the selected box at both the places.
and also reassigned the users with the view.

But this STOP Request still appears at the users menu.

Regards
Sunil Kumar

WebFocus 7.7.02
Windows, All Outputs
December 14, 2011, 03:45 PM
Sayed
Did you try re-loading your app server?

Thanks,
Sayed

WF 8.x and 7.7.x Win/UNIX/AS400, MRE/Portal/Self-Service, IIS/Tomcat, WebSphere, IWA, Realmdriver, Active Directory, Oracle, SQLServer, DB2, MySQL, JD Edwards, E-BIZ, SAP BW, R/3, ECC, ESSBASE
December 15, 2011, 03:30 AM
GamP
Wasn't there also the posibility to reset the user's mre and/or dashboard profile? Don't remember exactly what or how (haven't worked with dashboards for a long time now) but hopefully it might help to solve this.

GamP

- Using AS 8.2.01 on Windows 10 - IE11.
in Focus since 1988