Focal Point
[SOLVED] PowerPoint fonts not as specified

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/5797046986

March 16, 2018, 09:47 AM
BKinPA
[SOLVED] PowerPoint fonts not as specified
Good morning.

We have an issue where we need to change the font used in output to PowerPoint to Rockwell. WebFOCUS allows the selection of Rockwell and in the HTML document composer the text is displayed in Rockwell on screen. However, when the document is opened in PowerPoint, the font is converted to Courier New.

Tech Support pointed us to documentation relating to fonts. We have tried uploading the ROCK.TTF and associated .afm file and updating the xml file. Our second attempt was to convert the ROCK.TTF to PBF and update the xml accordingly. Neither was successful.

I found a post by Tom Flynn circa 2008 (PowerPoint output in VERDANA) that ended with a post referencing case 41002516 that was specific to fonts and PowerPoint. Is there another step that needs to be done for fonts to work with PowerPoint?

Appreciate any direction on this.
We are at version 8.2.01M

Thanks,
Barb

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BKinPA,

WebFocus 8.1.05, 8.2.01
March 16, 2018, 10:53 AM
vinodh
yes, u are right. i too see the same behavior.

i changed to lucida console and arial and it showed up the right font. only for few fonts like rockwell i see the issue in pptx output format.

keep us posted.

WebFOCUS 8
Windows, All Outputs
March 21, 2018, 01:55 PM
BKinPA
The issue with the Rockwell font in PowerPoint output has been solved. In working the case with IBI Tech Support, we noticed that the entry they added to fontuser.xml did not include the 'when' tags.

The documentation within fontuser.xml states the following:

This is the WebFOCUS user font map file, where users may add their own Type 1 PostScript fonts for use with PDF and PostScript reports.

The XML structure should not be changed, except to add and definitions. All attribute values should be enclosed
in quotes. File names for 'metricsfile' and 'fontfile' should not
include suffixes or directory names. All AFM and font files should be placed in the "etc" subdirectory of the configuration directory
(for example, c:\ibi\srv77\wfs\etc).

The template provided at the bottom of the file looks like this:
-->
- <fontmap version="1">
- <when format="PDF PS">
- <!--
family/font tags should be added here
  -->
  </when>
  </fontmap>

Following the provided instructions, we preserved the format of the template and added the tags for Rockwell. The font was rendered as Courier New in PowerPoint. After removing the 'WHEN' tags, the font was rendered as Rockwell.

WebFocus 8.1.05, 8.2.01