Focal Point
[Case opened] Saving reports located in frames

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/5797085726

January 03, 2013, 02:34 AM
Peter
[Case opened] Saving reports located in frames
Hi All,

When opening reports which have been generated in frames in the browser, how do I go about saving these reports - either in the server repository or on the local pc?

For downloading the report locally, I guess it would be the same as 'save frame as', but this doens't seem possible in IE?

Regards,
Peter

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Peter,

Prod: WebFOCUS 8.0.06 on Win2008/Tomcat7/LDAP Mode
Test: WebFOCUS 8.0.06 on Win2008/Tomcat7/LDAP Mode
January 04, 2013, 02:11 PM
Doug
You could do a View Source (open in NotePad), then save the results with an HTML extension instead of txt.
January 04, 2013, 02:52 PM
Mighty Max
Have two Run buttons. One to "Run in Frame" and another to "Run in New Window".

WebFOCUS 8.1.05M Unix Self-Service/MRE/Report Caster - Outputs Excel, PDF, HTML, Flat Files
January 04, 2013, 03:29 PM
Doug
The more buttons the merrier... Add "Run Deferred" and "Schecule" and ... Wink
January 07, 2013, 05:38 AM
Peter
Mmmmm...
I'll admit the idea of having an abundance of buttons in every report doesn't excite me too much, and the issue with this approach is that it will re-execute the report - whereas I'd want the user to download the report he just executed...

The source-workaround Doug proposed seems quite handy - though not very user-friendly for basic users...

I think I'll open a case for a new feature in WF8 to add a 'download report' option in the portal panels (next to the refresh, maximize ...)
Should I receive the feedback there's another way for this, I'll update this post

Thanks for the suggestions,
Peter

Prod: WebFOCUS 8.0.06 on Win2008/Tomcat7/LDAP Mode
Test: WebFOCUS 8.0.06 on Win2008/Tomcat7/LDAP Mode
January 07, 2013, 11:53 AM
Don Garland
I'm not sure if this idea is much better than Doug's idea and it requires a program to convert to PDF. But, if they have such a program on their computer (CUTE PDF) they could right-click in the frame and print the report to PDF.

BTW: Doug you are out of M&Ms.

WebFOCUS Administrator @ Worldpay FIS
PROD/DEV/TEST: 8204, SANDBOX: 8206 soon - BIP, Reportcaster, Resource Manager, EUM, HyperStage soon, DB: HIVE,Oracle,MSSQL
January 08, 2013, 05:39 PM
Doug
Peter: Yeah, I know Wink. But, then again, I'm no longer a user... or am I?
quote:
...not very user-friendly for basic users...

Don: Now you know where I hide them.