Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] WebFOCUS 8103:- Multi Select Issue in Drop down control.

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] WebFOCUS 8103:- Multi Select Issue in Drop down control.
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
Hey guys,
I am facing an Issue in webFOCUS 8103 version.
I have created a HTML page in which i have a dropdown control with MULTIPLE SELECTION and ALL option enabled.
The Drop down control is dynamically populating a value through a .fex procedure having XML output.

On initial load the drop down shows the ALL option, but when i select other drop down value and then select ALL option
in the drop down control then on HTML it shows me _FOC_NULL. Also, in this case the when i run the report the HTML sends the options selected prior to
ALL option.
NOTE*- THIS _FOC_NULL IS SHOWN ON THE HTML NOT INSIDE THE REPORT.

Please look into the image below:-

[IMG]image[/IMG]

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

Webfocus 8.x
Windows
PDF,HTML,XLSX

Posts: 58 | Location: India | Registered: June 01, 2018Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
You should share your fex code that creates the XML file. Your issue may be from there or from your control (HTML) settings.

But too few info to help

WF versions : Prod 8.2.04M gen 33, Dev 8.2.04M gen 33, OS : Windows, DB : MSSQL, Outputs : HTML, Excel, PDF
In Focus since 2007

Posts: 2409 | Location: Montreal Area, Qc, CA | Registered: September 25, 2013Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
I just tried the same thing and and I'm not seeing the same behavior. My .fex that generates the list of values looks like this:

TABLE FILE CAR
BY COUNTRY
ON TABLE SET ASNAMES ON
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT XML
END

The parameter using this .fex is working as expected. Unfortunately, 8.103 is 4 years old so I've no way to test it for you. However, this is a very basic feature of the product and should work the same way.

What type of parameter do you have in the report you're running with this HTML page?

WebFOCUS 8206, Unix, Windows

Posts: 1853 | Location: New York City | Registered: December 30, 2015Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
hey guys thanks for responding.
the fex is only populating the control.
the real issue is with the dropdown control.
i tried the same in 8105 and it is working as expected. But in 8103 when ever i am selecting ALL it gives me _FOC_NULL.

Webfocus 8.x
Windows
PDF,HTML,XLSX

Gold member
posted Hide Post
When i am disabling the multiple property of dropdown control in this case when i am selectig ALL it is behaving as it should be.
Showing ALL in html and passing _FOC_NULL in the report.

Webfocus 8.x
Windows
PDF,HTML,XLSX

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
If you're seeing an anomaly in 8103 that doesn't show up in a later release, you might a) upgrade to the later version; b) ask IB tech support for a fix for the earlier version.

I suggest he latter, since 8103 is pretty old. IB just release 8205.

WebFOCUS 8206, Unix, Windows

Posts: 1853 | Location: New York City | Registered: December 30, 2015Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Yes i have 8205 its pretty awesome.
8103 is being used by one of our clients so need to develop in that verion.

Webfocus 8.x
Windows
PDF,HTML,XLSX