Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Formatting options for EXCEL Output

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Formatting options for EXCEL Output
 Login/Join

<Viswa>
posted
I need to apply following formatting option to EXCEL Output.
I have a numeric Column which when negative should be displayed in brackets.

I am able to do it in HTML output.
The same, when i apply to EXCEL, it is not working.

I would appreciate if, some one replies with an example.

Thanks
Viswakanth

Report This Post
<Grzegorz>
posted
5.2.3 on Windows:

TABLE FILE CAR
SUM COMPUTE MINSALE/D12.2B = -SALES;
BY COUNTRY
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT excel_option
END

Works well for the excel_option: EXL2K, but does not work for: EXL97, and EXCEL.
You can also compute the alpha field for report, adding braces if the numeric value is negative.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Mabel>,

Report This Post
<Viswa>
posted
I am working on 436 developer studio.
Following is the code, which i have written.
TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT
CAR
MODEL
DEALER_COST
SEATS
COMPUTE FINAL_CT/P10.2B = -100000+ DEALER_COST;
BY COUNTRY
ON COUNTRY SUBFOOT
"Total <+0> <+0> <+0> "
ON TABLE SET ONLINE-FMT EXL2K
END

But i am not able to get the bracket for the negative terms.
Please help me to cross this hurdle.

Thanks
Viswakanth

Report This Post
<Grzegorz>
posted
Viswakanth,

Your code works on my computer as expected (negative numbers are in brackets).
On the IBI TechSupport site it is stated that it is known problem solved with Release 4.3.6 Service Pack 9.

Regards
Grzegorz

Report This Post
<Viswa>
posted
Hai grzegorz

Can you point me to the link, which states that, it is a known BUG.

Thanks for your Quick response.

Viswakanth

Report This Post
<Grzegorz>
posted

Report This Post