Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SHARING] Suggestion for Kathryn - Create a new forum specific to WebFOCUS 8

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SHARING] Suggestion for Kathryn - Create a new forum specific to WebFOCUS 8
 Login/Join

Guru
posted
Hi Kathryn,

I would like to suggest making a new forum subject for Webfocus 8. This past year there have been so many releases and bug fixes of 8, it might be good to get some input from folks when they are having issues with a certain version of 8.

I am 8002M for production, but I am waiting on a workable release for me which was 8006 since it fixed an issue with Weblogic, but now I notice an issue with Security Center and I think it is parsing through an LDAP group.

I would be curios if anyone else has downloaded 8006 and is experiencing the same issue.

Food for thought and of course I opened a case.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Kathryn Henning>,

WebFOCUS 8.1.05

<Kathryn Henning>
posted
Hi MattC,

Thank you for your suggestion. I'd like to get the opinion of other posters on this site as to whether or not a separate forum specific to WebFOCUS 8 would be beneficial to them.

I'll change the topic summary line so that others can see the suggestion and perhaps weigh in with their thoughts on this.

Thanks and regards,

Kathryn

Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Hi Kathryn,

Perhaps you could make it a sticky at the top.

Posts: 1903 | Location: San Antonio | Registered: February 28, 2005Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Kathryn,

We've installed 8.0.06 in our DEV environment this week.

We have already found some differences in behaviour between 7.7.02 and 8.0.06.

If you would create a new separate product forum for 'Migration to WebFOCUS 8', it would really help research and review, as well as, giving and receiving assistance.

My understanding is that 7 to 8 is really more of an architecture change, than a release change. Hence, another reason for a separate forum.

Dave

Pilot: WebFOCUS 8.2.06 Test: WebFOCUS 8.1.05M Prod: WebFOCUS 8.1.05M Server: Windows Server 2016/Tomcat Standalone Workstation: Windows 10/IE11+Edge Database: Oracle 12c, Netezza, & MS SQL Server 2019 Output: AHTML/XLSX/HTML/PDF/JSCHART Tools: WFDS, Repository Content, BI Portal Designer & ReportCaster

Expert
posted Hide Post
agreed

In Focus since 1979///7706m/5 ;wintel 2008/64;OAM security; Oracle db, ///MRE/BID

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Agree to make a seperate "Migration to WF8" forum. With strict rules that it may only contain discussions about migration to WF8.

i.e.
Totally disagree to make a "WF8" forum.

Greets,
Dave

Posts: 668 | Location: Veghel, The Netherlands | Registered: February 16, 2010Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
I agree. A WF8 migration forum would be a good idea.
It would be great if the bulk of WebFOCUS customers can upgrade to WF8 soon-ish.
So a forum to consolidate thoughts and experiences and solutions would be great!

In terms of general WebFOCUS posts - they should stay where they are - but I think a reminder of how to update one's signature and a request for everyone to update their signatures would be good too :-)

WebFOCUS 8.2.06 mostly Windows Server

Posts: 195 | Location: Johannesburg, South Africa | Registered: September 13, 2008Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
I would just be careful of the term "Migration" I would consider this new forum a place where people can post about new features of 8 and their experiences or whatever.

WebFOCUS 8.1.05

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
I like one stop shopping. This current forum needs to be maintained to discuss all the things that apply across releases. I can understand the desire for the "migration" forum, but as someone that will be migrating next year, I like the discussion here so I can start wrapping my head around what we will be experiencing in the future.

WebFOCUS 7.7.05 (Someday 8)
Windows 7, All Outputs
In Focus since 1983.

Gold member
posted Hide Post
I am also in favor for a WF8 forum.

Version: 8.0.0.6
Windows platform
All output formats will probably be used.

Expert
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MattC:
I would just be careful of the term "Migration" I would consider this new forum a place where people can post about new features of 8 and their experiences or whatever.
I agree.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Forum for WebFOCUS 8? Count me as a yes.

In FOCUS since 1985. Prod WF 8.0.08 (z90/Suse Linux) DB (Oracle 11g), Self Serv, Report Caster, WebServer Intel/Linux.

Posts: 975 | Location: Oklahoma City | Registered: October 27, 2006Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
Hi Team,

I believe there's no need to fragment the existing forum structure, which has worked so well over so many previous version releases. WF8 (migration or new features) certainly falls under the general WebFOCUS forum. Search is the answer here, so perhaps we could agree on a common hashtag - #WF8MIGRATION or #WF8NEWFEATURE.

Cheers,

Joey

-WebFOCUS 8.2.01 on Windows

Posts: 318 | Location: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: November 15, 2005Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
I believe all of you by this time are on webfocus 8.. I am looking to install/migrate from wf 7.6.11 to WF 8. (latest) ..
Is there any one place or few where I can get a list of issues / tips etc to migrate to wf 8.

Thanks

Prod/Dev/Test: WF 8.1.5 on (Windows Server 2012 R2 )
SandBox: WebFocus Server 8.1.5 on Windows Server 2008 R2
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.1.5 and Developer Studio 8.1.5 on Windows 7

Posts: 134 | Location: USA | Registered: August 21, 2008Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
We are Linux for both the reporting server and client.

We are almost finished. I've opened over 20 problem reports.

We found a couple of bugs.

Put in 2-3 NFRs which were accepted.

The rest is configuration and security. Being as behind the times as we are, we are still on IE8 and XP. That should be remedied by the end of the year. With IE8 and XP we were using NTLM for Single Sign On (SSO). Apparently that is now a security risk so we had to develop a Kerberos solution. That has taken a while with the biggest issue with that was has been that the user id now has to be in a userid@domain format. Last I heard a fix for that will be in 8.1.

I also had to diagnose and fix the mirgration utilities. Some form of one of the Linux command was not compatible with our system.

We use DSTRUN a lot and of course that changed.

Then there is always the code tightening.

In FOCUS since 1985. Prod WF 8.0.08 (z90/Suse Linux) DB (Oracle 11g), Self Serv, Report Caster, WebServer Intel/Linux.

Posts: 975 | Location: Oklahoma City | Registered: October 27, 2006Report This Post