Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] CHAIN OPTION

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] CHAIN OPTION
 Login/Join

Silver Member
posted
I am trying to chain 2 controls but the icon to use to chain is greyed out. What type of controls can be chained together. I am trying to chain a list box to a text box.
Any help would be appreciated.
thanks
B

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

Product WF 7.1.6 Windows
Database Oracle
outputs PDF, HTML, EXCEL

<JG>
posted
You can only chain list boxes,
The reason is quite logical if you think about it.

You have to have something to chain via a logical, physical link
not nothing.

To achieve what you want you need some sort of JS control to artificially populate
the list based on your text entry.

Have a look at this recently revived post it may help.

http://forums.informationbuild...1057331/m/2821050402

Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Sorry I checked this article and could not find anything explaining why the chain icon stays gray. I followed instructions on the HTML build screen byr clicking 2 controls and when i do that the chain icon is still gray...
Any other suggestions...
thanks

Product WF 7.1.6 Windows
Database Oracle
outputs PDF, HTML, EXCEL

<JG>
posted
BJK,

The article is not about why the chain icon stays grey, It's a way of doing what you are looking to do.

Please read what I said, chaining ONLY works between list boxes.

Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
I understand this is another way to do what I am trying to do but I would like to know why the GUI will not leave me do it. I changed the controls to list boxes and it still does not work. If the GUI is suppose to handle this option than why doesn't it.
Sorry but I'm trying to use the product as it is intended.

Product WF 7.1.6 Windows
Database Oracle
outputs PDF, HTML, EXCEL

Guru
posted Hide Post
ive just gone into HTML painter (shudder), set up two list boxes, given them references to popyulate them with data, selecte both of them and et voila the chain icon is now active

so its either a bug in 7.16 (im on 767) or (as i suspect) a problem with how you've set the page up...

Developer Studio 7.64
Win XP
Output: mostly HTML, also Excel and PDF

"Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity." - Heinlein's Razor

Posts: 285 | Location: UK | Registered: October 26, 2007Report This Post
<JG>
posted
quote:
given them references to populate them with data,

Could very well be as simple as that. You have to set the list boxes up completely before you can chain. and they must have something in common in the data sources

Report This Post