Focal Point
Using Group Views in MRE

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/5821097331

July 28, 2004, 07:10 PM
<mikeg13>
Using Group Views in MRE
How do I associate MRE authenticated users with a particular Group View? It seems that every user that signs on is getting the General Public View.

Is the Group View at all related to the Groups setup in the Domain Builder? Is the Group View simply determined by the url given for the login?
July 30, 2004, 01:32 AM
<WFUser>
You don't associate user to a group view, you associate Groups to a group view. Create a group view and select a group from your list of MRE groups. The users must log on to the group view and not the general login page.
July 30, 2004, 04:22 AM
<mikeg13>
I think I got it now. My test user was not a member of Group X, but still had access to the group X view. It turns out that the test user was in Group Z and the two groups shared a domain. I will admit I have not figured out the relationship between these three things. If my Group Z has no domains, the test user can still use the Z view, but will get a message about "no domains". If my test user is in a group that shares a domain with another group, from the group view perspective, it is as if the test user is in both groups. Confused Thanks for the help.

Mike
July 30, 2004, 06:33 PM
<WFUser>
That shouldn't be. If a user is not part of that group, it should not be able to log into that group's view. It that is indeed what is happening, there is a problem and you should report it to IBI Customer Support.