Focal Point
[CASE OPENED] Gainsight Analytics Installation in WF Products Feature Feasibility.

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/5837026496

October 16, 2020, 06:11 AM
Manish082007
[CASE OPENED] Gainsight Analytics Installation in WF Products Feature Feasibility.
Hello All,

I currently doing feature feasibility study in WebFOCUS.

I have a one Product Analytics Platform Gainsight (Just like Google Analytics). The requirement to install Gainsight is to insert a small JavaScript Block into the header of your web application's master page.

As I am new to the WebFOCUS platform, so my questions are

1. Is there a master page like facility in WebFOCUS InfoAssist/App Studio/WebDesigner/Business Intelligence Portal?
2. If the answer is yes then can I insert JavaScript code into that master page so it will run on every page?
3. Is below is feasible solution?
(Insert JavaScript block in my portal page & refer them in all chart, reports, documents & etc.)

We are using ReportCaster, App Studio, WebDesigner, Business Intelligence Portal Products.

Thank You

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,
October 18, 2020, 04:08 PM
Waz
That's a difficult one, and we may be able to suggest a place for a change, but it may be more prudent to ask Tech Support for the best place, if it possible.

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

October 19, 2020, 02:14 AM
Manish082007
@Waz - Thank you for reply.

Okay, I will contact Tech Support.

But meanwhile, can you suggest me a place for change? It will be able useful for me to brain storm with tech support suggestion.
October 19, 2020, 04:05 PM
Waz
Suggesting a place will be difficult as it will be, for most, I think in the WebFOCUS APP in Tomcat.

One of the issues with this is on an upgrade these will need to be re-added, and potentially may end up in new / different places.

Asking for best practice would be the right place to start.

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

October 20, 2020, 01:42 AM
Manish082007
@Waz - Thank you for reply. Yes, you are right. It's not best practice. I have opened Tech Support Ticket. Let's see. I will post solution once case resolved.