Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] Formatting in FLEX

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] Formatting in FLEX
 Login/Join

posted
Hi Everyone,
I am trying to develop a dashboard in FLEX (using Flex Enable). I am able to populate the data in my datagrid. I have a problem. Flex (XML file) doesn’t recognize webfocus HEADERS, SUB headings or Footings.
I want my output in a single line. Take an example for CAR file, I want my output as “Total car Sales in England is: XYZ”. I have tried few options Like the one below, but Flex gives output in a table format.

SET HOLDLIST =PRINTONLY
TABLE FILE CAR
SUM
LENGTH
WIDTH
HEIGHT
WEIGHT
ON TABLE HOLD AS SUM_HLD
END
DEFINE FILE SUM_HLD
VAL1/A30 = FTOA(LENGTH,'(D5)',VAL1);
VAL2/A30 = FTOA(WIDTH,'(D5)',VAL2);
VAL3/A30 = FTOA(HEIGHT,'(D5)',VAL3);
VAL4/A30 = FTOA(WEIGHT,'(D6)',VAL4);
END
TABLE FILE SUM_HLD
PRINT
COMPUTE C/A100 = 'Sales in region1:' || VAL1; AS ''
OVER
COMPUTE D/A200 = sales in region2:' || VAL1 | ' ' | ' sales in region3:' || VAL1 ; AS ''
OVER
COMPUTE B/A1 = '' ; AS ''
OVER
COMPUTE E/A100 = 'Grand Total:' || VAL1; AS ''
WEIGHT NOPRINT
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT XML
END
-EXIT

I was told we can bind the data in the label, any ides???? How to do it ??? Appreciate any help in this regard.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

Webfocus7.6.10, DB2
PDF, FLEX, HTML

Posts: 1 | Location: USA | Registered: April 27, 2011Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm not really clear on what you want to do, but you are correct about the Headers, Sub Headers, and Footers. That information isn't passed in an XML file. If you are just wanting a single line like 'Total Car Sales in England is : XYZ' loaded into a Flex label you could have your Focexec return that information into your Flex Datagrid and then use ActionScript to pull the information from the datagrid and set it the text of the Label.

Bob

Prod: WebFocus/ReportCaster 7.6.10 - Self Service - Windows 2003 Server - IIS/Tomcat

Test: WebFocus/ReportCaster 7.6.10 - Self Service - Windows 2003 Server - IIS/Tomcat

Databases: MS SQL Server, Focus DB, Output: HTML, Excel 2000 and PDF