Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CASE OPENED] App Studio 8009 - WFC 2047

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CASE OPENED] App Studio 8009 - WFC 2047
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
We were in the middle of an 8008 upgrade. We have been dealing with some App Studio funk - so I decided to upgrade my dev environment to 8009 in hopes that App Studio played a bit nicer.

After upgrading Client and Server to 8009 - and my local App Studio to 8009 - I'm now getting a (WFC 2047) AppStudio communication layer generated error 2047.

Eventually - App Studio does seem to connect to the dev environment - however- navigating between content folders is now taking about 60 seconds from clicking - to responding.

I have logged a support ticket for this - but I thought I should throw it out on Focal Point in case anyone has a suggestion.

It "appears" the Client/Server upgrade went fine - our apps are functioning in a reasonably speedy manner.

This "seems" localized to communication between App Studio and the server - but that's speculation on my part.

webFOCUS 8207.15
WindowsServer 2019

Posts: 120 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: August 26, 2013Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
I am thoroughly interested in updates on this subject.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
********************** COMMENTS FROM INFORMATION BUILDERS **********************

Update:

Hi Jeremy,

We have reproduced this issue and I will forward to the Product Division.
I will keep you updated.

Thanks, XXX.

RR

********************************************************************************

webFOCUS 8207.15
WindowsServer 2019

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Summary : RDUP:AS8009: Error 2047 - Unable to connect to the WebFOCUS

Comments :

Suggestions? Do I need to roll back to 8008? Think a fix will come for 8009 soon?
I'm in limbo here.
Jeremy

webFOCUS 8207.15
WindowsServer 2019

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
********************** COMMENTS FROM INFORMATION BUILDERS **********************

Update:

Hi Jeremy,

Yes. Please roll back to AppStudio 8008.
I will keep you updated.

Thanks, XXX.

CT

********************************************************************************

webFOCUS 8207.15
WindowsServer 2019

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
As seen in earlier Focal Point posts - it's desirable to keep client/server/App Studio in synch - so today I'll spend a chunk of time un-doing what I did yesterday.

8009 is still available for download this morning. May be a good idea to wait for a bit to try an upgrade.

webFOCUS 8207.15
WindowsServer 2019

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
IBI provided a hotfix that appears to be working.

webFOCUS 8207.15
WindowsServer 2019

Gold member
posted Hide Post
Do you have a link for this hotfix? I'm having the exact same issue you are having just upgraded to 8009 server and Appstudio.

WebFOCUS 8007

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
IBI Attached it to my support ticket.

If you open a support ticket - I'm sure they can hook you up.

webFOCUS 8207.15
WindowsServer 2019

Gold member
posted Hide Post
Thanks. I opened up a ticket yesterday afternoon. Still waiting to hear from them. I hope they get this resolved soon.

WebFOCUS 8007

Expert
posted Hide Post
So, despite what I heard about hot fixes (no more hot fixes) a hot fix was provided.

We're are v8.0.08 and because App Studio v8.0.08 is pretty unusable, we tried v8.0.09 and had the same poor performance with it.

Francis

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
I did receive a hot fox for this and it is now behaving much more responsively.

WebFOCUS 8007

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
FYI: I've spent the past couple of weeks on 8009 AppStudio - with the hot fix.

So far - so good (knock on wood).

webFOCUS 8207.15
WindowsServer 2019

Gold member
posted Hide Post
One issue I've noticed is opening up an HTML document that was created in 8008. When I open it up in AppStudio 8009, the image references are broken and the only way I can correct it is to delete the image and re-add it (changing the source of the image doesn't work ether). I have a case opened for that as well.

WebFOCUS 8007

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
I noticed a page created in 8008 – but then upgraded to 8009 – lost the “hook” to show which *.fex populated a dropdown. It was confusing – because the page operated properly – but it was hard to tell “why” it was working when looking at the code.

I opened a case for that too. In the end – I just re-wired the dropdowns in 8009 – and all seems to be working.

webFOCUS 8207.15
WindowsServer 2019

Expert
posted Hide Post
Thanks very much for doing the QA on this product, much appreciated Smiler

Francis

Gold member
posted Hide Post
Hi, Can someone point me to the hotfix i am experiencing the same issues, error at start and very poor performance.

Also can i ask when the hotfix is applied do any services restart?

WebFocus 8.02, SQL Server 2008r2

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
cs_source: Log a case for the hotfix.

To be clear - the hotfix is for your local PC that you do App Studio development with. It's not for the report or web serer.

webFOCUS 8207.15
WindowsServer 2019