Focal Point
[SOLVED] WebFOCUS and SeleniumHQ

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/5847094286

May 24, 2016, 08:23 AM
SSander
[SOLVED] WebFOCUS and SeleniumHQ
Hi,
As subject points out I have question regarding WebFOCUS and how / or how not it is interacting with SeleniumHQ. We have now hit a amount of Dashboards / Reports what interact with the "Common filters" logic ( global filters - in ECL Smiler) and modifying the filters or adding new reports what depend from each other requires alot of testing after each release.

So we are looking to automate our testing processes. I saw there was topic about SeleniumHQ but there was only some private messages going on and no real information about this topic. So I would like to hear is it worth to try Selenium or maybe there is any other good alternatives to automate this. As I see it we need "browser" based testing tool as most of cases we need to see if Common filters work with report and do the filterd parameters show up in the report output.

Regards,

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Tamra,

Release: WebFOCUS 8104, AppStudio: 8105
Output: HTML,Excel,Active Reports
June 01, 2016, 01:59 PM
Tamra
quote:
SeleniumHQ

SSander,

From research on the TechSupport Knowledge Base it looks like this is being reviewed within multiple browsers. No Target date though.

Thank you for participating in the Focal Point Forum.

Kindest regards,
Tamra Colangelo
Focal Point Moderator - Information Builders Inc.
* Summit 2016 – June

WebFOCUS 8x - BI Portal, Developer Studio, App Studio, Excel, PDF, Active Formats and HTML5