Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] Display fex title on report at runtime

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] Display fex title on report at runtime
 Login/Join

posted
Let's say I have a fex file named Report1.fex but it's "Title" is "Whatever I want". The title is what an end user sees.
I know to use amper variable &FOCFEXNAME to display the fex file name. It would print Report1.fex at runtime.

How do I, in my fex code, display the Title in the header?

Thanks!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

AppStudio 8.0.0.9
WebFOCUS 8
Windows, All Outputs

Expert
posted Hide Post
Very good question!

Try &MR_FULL_FEXNAME.

You can determine this by using the command

-? &

Unfortunately, this command cuts off the parameter names to 12 characters and the parameter values to 61 characters, so it's better to use this undocumented feature to see the full parameter names and values:

-? & SAVEPRINT

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
&WF_TITLE does the trick for my scenario where my fex file is on the content server.

Thank you for replying.

AppStudio 8.0.0.9
WebFOCUS 8
Windows, All Outputs

Gold member
posted Hide Post
I came across this as the "tip of the month". I'm not finding anything in the documentation on either of these variables.

I'm not able to get these variables to resolve to anything. Am I missing a set command to activate this feature or something?

Kevin Patterson
Appalachian State University
WebFOCUS 7.7.03
Windows, All Outputs

Expert
posted Hide Post
Kevin, I think these parameters are only available in WebFOCUS 8, and they seem to be ON by default - - no extra settings required (which is usually done in the site.wfs file).

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevin Patterson:
I came across this as the "tip of the month". I'm not finding anything in the documentation on either of these variables.

I'm not able to get these variables to resolve to anything. Am I missing a set command to activate this feature or something?

Kevin there may be configuration issues to resolve. the &names mentioned in previous posts are delivered and i have used them in the past.

809 DevStudio, MRE, Report Caster , Report Library
Output: Excel PDF, HTML

Gold member
posted Hide Post
To get the variable &MR_FULL_FEXNAME to render I first had to save the report I added it to, then run it. But it does work now. This is much more useful than &FOCFEXNAME which does not reference the fex title or name.

Kevin Patterson
Appalachian State University
WebFOCUS 7.7.03
Windows, All Outputs