Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
ReportCaster
 Login/Join

Silver Member
posted
We just upgrade to webfocus 7.6.8 just this month and we are having problems with reportcaster print pdf files during execution. The old version of webfocus 7.6 did not give us this. Had no problems with pdf. Has anyone experience this problem and what was your workaround. If I run the report online it runs fine.

EDA764 Release * Current Software:
Unix

Expert
posted Hide Post
"we are having problems" - how can we guess what problems you're having? A description might help.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
We have schedule jobs that are run in reportcaster that send the reports in pdf format. It looks and act like the job completed sucessfully but once we go in to look at the results there are none. Last month the same reports would run sucessfully and once we look at the results, the information(PDF) was there. This is the only thing that change is the upgrade to 7.6.8.

Unix

Expert
posted Hide Post
Try changing the output format of one report to EXL2K or HTML and see if that report is distributed successfully...

Francis

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
EXL2K and HTML work ok. We have graphs that are in PDF.

Unix

Expert
posted Hide Post
Next try a non-graph PDF report.

Process of elimination.

You never mentioned graphs before.

If you're having trouble with Graphs in a PDF report that is scheduled by ReportCaster, that is a very specific problem and I would open a case with Tech Support. Perhaps there is a configuration problem somewhere...

Francis

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
You also might try putting a -SET &ECHO=ALL; at the beginning of your scheduled procedure. After it is run, view the RC log for that schedule to see if there are any errors. My suspicion is that the graphs are not being created (due to some configuration issue, JSCOM3 problem, GRAPHSERVURL setting) so the PDF report isn't created either.

Regards,

Darin

In FOCUS since 1991
WF Server: 7.7.04 on Linux and Z/OS, ReportCaster, Self-Service, MRE, Java, Flex
Data: DB2/UDB, Adabas, SQL Server Output: HTML,PDF,EXL2K/07, PS, AHTML, Flex
WF Client: 77 on Linux w/Tomcat

Posts: 2298 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah | Registered: February 02, 2007Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Darin,
I'll look into what you suggested.

Thanks
Darryl

Unix

Silver Member
posted Hide Post
If I run a job with only one graph in PDF format it works. The problem is with compound graphs in (PDF) format that I don't receive any graphs.

Unix

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Does the report work if you run it outside of caster ? Did you use the layout tool to create the compound pdf ? We found that compound pdf reports with multiple graphs created in the layout tool of 7.6.4 will not run thru caster in 7.6.8 (did in 7.6.4) We then went in and manually tweaked the file and were able to get it to work. (used the developers manual and how to code compound pdf)

Webfocus 8.0.7 on Windows

Posts: 176 | Location: Ohio | Registered: October 26, 2006Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Is it possible to send me the code on how you were able to solved your compound graphs in Pdf or show me where I need to go to get the information for this.

Unix

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
I took the code and stripped out most of what the layout painter put in then used a text editor and the creating a compound report chapter out of the "Creating reports with webfocus language" and followed the steps for creating a compound report. It took a little while on the first one to get the layout working the way I wanted. As I was only able to work in the text editor. If I put it back in the layout tool it stops working in caster again. My next step is to find out what the layout tool is putting in there that Caster does not like (we have an open case with IB) However used this method to get the major reports out.

Webfocus 8.0.7 on Windows

Posts: 176 | Location: Ohio | Registered: October 26, 2006Report This Post