Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED]HTML Composer Opening New Window

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED]HTML Composer Opening New Window
 Login/Join

posted
We just migrated to WF8 this past weekend. We've found reports executed through HTML Composer are performing differently then they did in WF7 and I can't figure out why. When executing a report via HTML Composer in WF8, if I fail to populate a parameter that is that is marked 'No' under Selection Required, instead of executing the report a new window launches asking me to populate the parameter fields I left blank in the HTML Composer. This did not happen in WF7. If I click 'Run' again in the new window the report will run fine without input in those parameter fields. As a quick test I built a brand new HTML Composer launch page and the same thing happened. I can't find any articles about this in Focal Point, has anyone else run into this?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Emily McAllister>,

Running WebFocus 8

Expert
posted Hide Post
I think you may have to add in -DEFAULTH for all these variables to stop the prompts.

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for your quick reply, -DEFAULTH will hide the parameter in HTML, correct? I want users to enter values in the parameter if they want to (it's marked as optional in the HTML Composer ... I'm in the GUI if that isn't obvious), I just don't want the follow-up HTML page that asks for the parameters again. I am using HTML Composer as a user-friendly launch page for a fairly complex .fex report, could my problem be in that source .fex code?

Here is a screenshot of my launch page in HTML Composer:

and here is the next page that launches when I hit the 'Run' button if I leave the parameters marked as optional with a * blank:

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Clint Coffey,

Running WebFocus 8

Guru
posted Hide Post
Go into Client Administration Console > Application Settings > Parameter Prompting. What is the value there?

I think the default is XMLRUN which I think is causing your issue. If you change it to "OFF" I think this will resolve your issue.

Just becareful as it's a system setting.

WebFOCUS 8.1.05

Expert
posted Hide Post
We converted to WF 8.1.05 earlier this year.
You have to issue -DEFAULTS for "ALL" parameters, including the ones in the HTML when you want to pass the display value(s).
IBI went way overboard with this, and, your pain will increase when the prompter comes up with no parameters to enter whatsoever; you'll have to figure it out...

Have Fun!

Tom Flynn
WebFOCUS 8.1.05 - PROD/QA
DB2 - AS400 - Mainframe

Posts: 1972 | Location: Centennial, CO | Registered: January 31, 2006Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
I believe this was a part of code tightening in Version 8. as Tom said, you have to issue defaults for all parameters now. I've always used -DEFAULTH, so I was luck that this one didn't burn me.

Eric Woerle
8.1.05M Gen 913- Reporting Server Unix
8.1.05 Client Unix
Oracle 11.2.0.2

Posts: 750 | Location: Warrenville, IL | Registered: January 08, 2013Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks everybody, -DEFAULTH worked. Now it's time for me to dig into the labyrinth that is our dashboard structure to find more. Joy.

Running WebFocus 8

posted Hide Post
quote:
Oyour pain will increase when the prompter comes up with no parameters to enter whatsoever

Hey Eric, I didn't run into this, in WF7 we had focnone in these so maybe that is helping us avoid this issue. Thanks for your help!

Running WebFocus 8

Master
posted Hide Post
Clint,

WF7 worked very different when it came to prompting. I think it has to do with a change to the "Prompt for paramaters" option. I think that was changed. It doesn't seem to work for me like it used to in 7.7.03 and before.

FOCNONE is the ignore character. Its the predecessor to _FOC_NULL. Although you can still define your "_FOC_NULL" value. I believe the administration console has a way to customize this, as well you can define it in the HTML composer.

Eric Woerle
8.1.05M Gen 913- Reporting Server Unix
8.1.05 Client Unix
Oracle 11.2.0.2

Posts: 750 | Location: Warrenville, IL | Registered: January 08, 2013Report This Post