Focal Point
Microsoft Access Database with WebFocus

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/5881008331

October 25, 2004, 02:51 PM
<Steven James>
Microsoft Access Database with WebFocus
I am trying to connect for the first time to a Microsoft Access Database on my local machine. I tryed downloading documentation in Knowledge Base and they are not there... Does anyone have some documentation on how to do this. I am having no problem with my MSSql server. Just need a "kick-start".
October 25, 2004, 05:41 PM
<WFUser>
You need to create an ODBC Data Source on the machine where the WebFOCUS Server is installed. Then create an ODBC adapter on the WebFOCUS Server.
October 25, 2004, 06:01 PM
Carol Dobson
Note: The ODBC Connection name is case sensitive!
October 26, 2004, 02:51 PM
<Kyle>
You need to remember that that the WebFOCUS Server resides on a central server and any data sources you need to connect to have to be available to that central server environment.

If an Access database is on your local machine, you need to make sure that there is a network share (assuming an all Windows environemtn) between the central server and your local machine. Depending on the how the server is configured, you may also encounter security restrictions when trying to access a network resources.

NOTE: Developers Studio/Power Reporter (desktop clients) do allow you to run in a stand-alone mode.