Focal Point
Style Sheet WRAP / URL pass

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/5881087331

July 08, 2004, 06:41 PM
webfocuspgm
Style Sheet WRAP / URL pass
I would like to wrap the comment column that is 250 long. Also I'd like to pass the ID_SIR in the URL path. The following is my code but none of it works.... Can anyone tell me where I went wrong....... FYI...version 5.2.3.......

<br />DEFINE FILE GS01TB10<br />URLID/A75 = 'HTTP://sirbnch.nsf/allbyccir/'|ID_SIR ;<br />END<br />TABLE FILE GS01TB10<br />PRINT<br />ID_SIR AS 'Sir'<br />URLID  <br />TX_AFTER_COMMENT AS 'Comment'<br />BY &SORTIS<br />WHERE ID_BUDGET_AREA &BAIS.EVAL<br />WHERE NM_USER &EMPIS.EVAL<br />WHERE CD_TYPE &EVENTIS.EVAL<br />WHERE &DATEFROM.EVAL  &DATETO.EVAL<br />ON TABLE SET STYLE *<br />TYPE=REPORT, GRID=OFF, $<br />TYPE=HEADING, LINE=1, SIZE=12, STYLE=BOLD, JUSTIFY=CENTER, COLOR=RED, $<br />TYPE=HEADING, LINE=2, SIZE=08, JUSTIFY=LEFT,  $<br />TYPE=HEADING, LINE=3, SIZE=10, STYLE=BOLD, JUSTIFY=CENTER, COLOR=RED, $<br />TYPE=HEADING, LINE=4, SIZE=10, STYLE=BOLD, JUSTIFY=CENTER, COLOR=RED, $<br />TYPE=HEADING, LINE=5, SIZE=08, JUSTIFY=LEFT, $<br />TYPE=HEADING, LINE=6, SIZE=08, JUSTIFY=LEFT, $<br />TYPE=REPORT, COLUMN=TX_AFTER_COMMENT, WRAP=1,   $<br />TYPE=DATA, COLUMN=ID_SIR, URL=N3, $<br />ENDSTYLE<br />ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT '&OUTFMT'<br />END<br />-RUN 
Any insight would be greatly appreciated......
July 08, 2004, 07:14 PM
susannah
GRID and WRAP are inextricably intertwined. Makes me CRAZY. i've been asking the Product Manager for ages 'why did you DO that?' and he just stares at me, clueless;
If you want wrap, you gotta have grid. argh!

as for your url, do you want it to be an actual url or just a text string? if you want an actual url, then you gotta define a string that is the full tag
URLID/a100='< a href="http://sirbnch.nsf/allbyccir/' | ID_SIR | '.htm">click here< /a>';
Is that what you wanted???
Instead of 'click here' you could put the variable ID_SIR value if you wanted.

Update: look a couple of posts up(#513), Pietro has come up with a very cool workaround for the grid/wrap situation.