Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED]InfoAssist - show app paths to business user

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED]InfoAssist - show app paths to business user
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
How come all the master files in InfoAssist are thrown at the business user at once, without any sort or select option from the application paths hierarchy? It just shows Reporting Server and dozens of master files are listed to them. No wonder users are struggling to work with InfoAssist.

Yes, I know: I could go and add a description to each and every master file, but that's not going to happen.

Is it just me or how come IBI does not use the structure of the EDA, or at least make it available as option, if it's already there.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Emily McAllister>,

WebFOCUS 8105m
Windows 7, All Outputs

Member of the Benelux Usergroup

Posts: 198 | Location: Amsterdam | Registered: August 24, 2011Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure if I understand the question. When I open InfoAssist, I get prompted by a list of APP Folders in my APP PATH. When I pick an APP Folder, I get a list of Master files in that Folder. That list is sorted by Name by default. I can sort it by Type, Title, and Last Modified when I click on any one of these column titles. I can also enter a partial name of a master in the search next to the magnifying glass. Would you prefer a different way of showing these masters to your business users?

WebFOCUS 8206, Unix, Windows

Posts: 1853 | Location: New York City | Registered: December 30, 2015Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
I guess things have changed since version 8 then... in the right direction.

WebFOCUS 8105m
Windows 7, All Outputs

Member of the Benelux Usergroup

Posts: 198 | Location: Amsterdam | Registered: August 24, 2011Report This Post