Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     jquery-ui is missing jquery ... sometimes [SOLVED - kind of]

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
jquery-ui is missing jquery ... sometimes [SOLVED - kind of]
 Login/Join

Silver Member
posted
Using HTML Composer I have included both jquery.js and jquery-ui.js.
When I view the source of the rendered HTML page I see

<SCRIPT id=ITEM4 type=text/javascript rtFileName="/WFC/Repository/Common/hidden_content/jquery.js"></SCRIPT>

<SCRIPT id=ITEM5 type=text/javascript rtFileName="/WFC/Repository/Common/hidden_content/jquery-ui.js"></SCRIPT>

Sometimes this works just fine (i.e. as expected). But every now and then (and it seems that it happens mostly after not having run it for a while) the execution of the jquery-ui script fails because jQuery is undefined. If I then try again, all is fine. This happens in IE, Chrome, and FF.

When I try the same on a simple HTML page (outside of WebFOCUS), e.g. like http://jqueryui.com/dialog/#modal-form, it works as expected and however often I try, jquery-ui works just fine (with the same JS files I use in WebFOCUS).

I am starting to suspect rtFileName ...

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Marc97229,

WebFOCUS 8.0.0.8, Windows 7

Posts: 36 | Location: Portland, OR (USA) | Registered: October 11, 2012Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
It could be that others have encountered this (see this previous entry).

Is hotfix 7 working? If so, is it included in WebFOCUS 8.0.0.1?

Posts: 36 | Location: Portland, OR (USA) | Registered: October 11, 2012Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
The culprit is rtFileName - every time we make a change to the HTML page and rtfile is stuffed in, we replace it with src.

I have no clue if HOTFIX 7 is available, it was supposed to be available at the end of October and was pushed forward every month. Last I heard, mid-Feb was the new date... And are we really sure Hotfix 7 will fix this?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Francis Mariani,

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
The "solution" or workaround I came up with is to put the jquery and jquery-ui file contents (in this order) in one large JavaScript file and "insert" this file into the page (using HTML Composer).

Since then I have not had the problem.

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have no clue if HOTFIX 7 is available, it was supposed to be available at the end of October and was pushed forward every month. Last I heard, mid-Feb was the new date... And are really sure Hotfix 7 will fix this?

What worries me is that IBI apparently is not able to distribute fixes for different problems in different Hotfixes. What's wrong with quickly rolling out Hotfix 7 with a fix for this annoying problem and then move everything that isn't ready for release yet to a next Hotfix?

People are struggling with this bug EVERY time they save a HTML file with custom Javascript (in our case, that's EVERY HTML file), which causes the irritation factor to grow rapidly, combined with a decline in confidence in IBI's capabilities. We're at the point now that we're surprised when IBI actually comes up with a fix for a problem.

WebFOCUS 8.1.03, Windows 7-64/2008-64, IBM DB2/400, Oracle 11g & RDB, MS SQL-Server 2005, SAP, PostgreSQL 11, Output: HTML, PDF, Excel 2010
: Member of User Group Benelux :

Posts: 1669 | Location: Enschede, Netherlands | Registered: August 12, 2010Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
The reported issues with the HTML Composer, ibirls3.js, file in earlier releases of WebFOCUS 7.7x , along with some other issues have been addressed in Hotfix 7.
The Hotfix is now available for download on https://techsupport.informationbuilders.com
(select Download > My Downloads/Shipments).
Customer Support Services has opened some additional cases and will be contacting the customers on this board to ensure that ALL the issues are addressed, not only in 77x but 8.0x as well.

WebFOCUS 8202 Win 2012
Test - WebFOCUS 8203 on Win 2012

Posts: 173 | Registered: November 16, 2005Report This Post