Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] App Studio Delete file

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] App Studio Delete file
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
Hi,
When we browse files in App Studio and I right click on a file and click delete, it deletes without asking me to confirm delete. WHere do we turn on this option to make it confirm on delete? Version 8202

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

App Studio Version 8202
windows Platform
SQL Server 2008/2012

Posts: 183 | Location: TX | Registered: January 22, 2007Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Getit

At some point someone checked a box to not display that message again and I can not find the setting to restore that under the options menu. You better open a case.

Thank you for using Focal Point!

Chuck Wolff - Focal Point Moderator
WebFOCUS 7x and 8x, Windows, Linux All output Formats

Posts: 2127 | Location: Customer Support | Registered: April 12, 2005Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Hi Getit

I have a thing you can try if you want while waiting for official word from techsupport.

Click the AS logo in the upper left of appstudio.

Choose the 'Options...' button toward the lower right of that box...

You should pop up the App Studio Options dialog box. And You're probably already positioned on the General tab.

In this dialog, try clicking the gray box that says 'Reset All Message Boxes'.

I couldn't find the real location of that setting in a quick look around. There's really only 2 places it might be - either under your c:\users\userid\appdata\roaming\ibi stuff.... or in the registry. I just didn't see anything really promising there.

So - maybe just try pressing the Reset All Message Boxes is a good bet?

Let us know if that helps.

Toby Mills, CISSP

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Resetting to default fixed it , but there is no specific place to reset it. This is bad if you are moving files from one folder to the other , there is no option to make it stop asking just for that time.

App Studio Version 8202
windows Platform
SQL Server 2008/2012

Posts: 183 | Location: TX | Registered: January 22, 2007Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Getit

You can request a new feature request to allow you to change it on the fly. Open a case with NFR in the summary.

Thank you for using Focal Point!

Chuck Wolff - Focal Point Moderator
WebFOCUS 7x and 8x, Windows, Linux All output Formats

Posts: 2127 | Location: Customer Support | Registered: April 12, 2005Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Hi Getit,

I'm glad that button helped out at least for now.

I'm not sure I understand what's not working like you want now. When you write up a New Feature Request (you'll see the acronym NFR bantered about), you'll need to be very specific about what you see and what you'd rather see.

Screenshots and some annotations are a good way to do this in pictures, and you'll need to be able to say what you'd rather see as well.

For the screenshots, let me suggest something that's helped me in the past. Use Excel to paste your screenshots in. Don't be afraid to paste in more than you need (like showing the whole browser including the URL in the address bar is sometimes useful). Lets say you paste in your warning message thats bothering you - go ahead and show the whole page.

In the menu bar of Excel, there's an Insert menu option. Choose the one that says 'Shapes'. That has lines with arrowheads on the end and has a text box you can use to point at things and say what you would rather see.

I'll write up a post sometime on NFR's - another thing you need to state is the 'business purpose' for the NFR. In your case it could be something as simple as 'constantly having to answer these prompts slows down development'.

As a point of interest from history - the reason Moving things throws up a warning is because we used to have people accidentally dragging and dropping this frequently. So, somebody made up an NFR asking for the warnings and now we have that. Sounds like you might want an NFR that lets you have finer control over warnings - maybe moving versus deleting, or copying... Seems like these might be on a user by user basis, so you'll want to think about that. Less experienced people may need more of the safety net.

The simplest option to me would be to have an 'advanced' button next to that 'reset all warning messages' box we talked about. Make it more granular than just one big box that resets things.

Good luck!

Toby