Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED]Oracle view fieldnames on a JOIN

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED]Oracle view fieldnames on a JOIN
 Login/Join

Guru
posted
Hi All -

We have a condition where, for some reason, these fieldnames throw out an Invalid Fieldname error except for the first one - SALESPERSON_NAME_LAST - in our Prod system but works just fine in our QA system. The fields are from an Oracle view. They only error out when the view is JOINED to another table (a .FOC file).

SALESPERSON_NAME_LAST
SALESPERSON_NAME_FIRST
SALESPERSON_NAME_MIDDLE
SALESPERSON_GID

When I run a straight TABLE FILE on the view, it returns the fields just fine. If I join the view to a .FOC db then only the first field works, the others don't. These fieldnames are unique to the view and doesn't exist in the .FOC db. The query doesn't even hit Oracle before it errors out.

If I run the join in our QA system and report on these fields, they all work just fine.

I'm stumped and has no idea what to look at first. Changing the fieldnames in the view is gonna be tough as it is used by other systems.

Thanks for your assistance!

Regards,
Anatess

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Emily McAllister>,

WF 8.1.05 Windows

Posts: 333 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: October 17, 2006Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Did you copy the Master from one environment to another, or did you generate the Master in each environment?

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Anatess,

If you extract your data from the Oracle view to a Focus file and then join the extracted file to your Focus, does the same problem occur?

Daniel
In Focus since 1982
wf 8.202M/Win10/IIS/SSA - WrapApp Front End for WF

Posts: 1980 | Location: Tel Aviv, Israel | Registered: March 23, 2006Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
Hi All -

I apologize for the delayed response. I went on a much needed break...

Francis, each environment generated their Master.

Danny, extracting the view into a Focus format yields the same error message. Interestingly, I also tried extracting the view to a Focus format with ASNAMES ON and holding as SALES_LAST, SALES_MIDDLE, SALES_FIRST, SALES_GID and it STILL gave me the same error. What does that tell me?

Regards,
Anatess

WF 8.1.05 Windows

Posts: 333 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: October 17, 2006Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Is the "Invalid Fieldname error" generated from SQL or from WebFOCUS?

Does the fieldname in the table or view really contain underscores or are they dashes?

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
What is the exact error message and code?

Also you say
quote:

extracting the view into a Focus format yields the same error message

Does this happen during the extraction? or after the extraction is performed and the JOIN issued?

Daniel
In Focus since 1982
wf 8.202M/Win10/IIS/SSA - WrapApp Front End for WF

Posts: 1980 | Location: Tel Aviv, Israel | Registered: March 23, 2006Report This Post