Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Run fex in MRE environment

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Run fex in MRE environment
 Login/Join

Master
posted
I am trying to create a launch page, which will have the capability to run several fexes. The user can select an individual focexec from a multi-select drop down control. I have created the launch page without a problem.

Now, I am trying to create a driver page that will run a focexec from parm(s) passed from the
Launch page.

I have started out with this line of code:
-SET &XFEX = ‘CAR1.FEX’;
-MRNOEDIT -INCLUDE APP/&XFEX

I have been getting errors like:

0 ERROR AT OR NEAR LINE 6 IN PROCEDURE mrheaderFOCEXEC *
(FOC295) A VALUE IS MISSING FOR: &XFEX
(FOC227) THE FOCEXEC PROCEDURE CANNOT BE FOUND: APP/

I have tried to run this FEX without the ‘APP/’ snippit, and I still get errors.

Can anyone help me clarify if I would be server better by coding,

EX &XFEX
-RUN

or

MRNOEDIT -INCLUDE APP/&XFEX
-RUN

Also, what is the correct syntax for this?

I am in the MRE environment…
WF environments
Production
Managed Reporting
Domains
WOFitz
Standard Reports
fex.fex
I would appreciate any assistance anyone can give me with this. I am very new to MRE!

Thanks! Roll Eyes

Tomsweb
WebFOCUS 8.1.05M, 8.2.x
APP Studio, Developer Studio, InfoAssist, Dashboards, charts & reports
Apache Tomcat/8.0.36

Posts: 573 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: July 06, 2006Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
Put the focexec in reporting server and the try this

-SET &ECHO='ALL';
-SET &XFEX = 'EX ' | 'car';
-RUN
&XFEX

http://techsupport.informationbuilders.com/sps/22062024.html

Sayed

WF 8.x and 7.7.x Win/UNIX/AS400, MRE/Portal/Self-Service, IIS/Tomcat, WebSphere, IWA, Realmdriver, Active Directory, Oracle, SQLServer, DB2, MySQL, JD Edwards, E-BIZ, SAP BW, R/3, ECC, ESSBASE

Posts: 285 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 27, 2006Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
You're looking at two very different deployments:

EX &XFEX
-RUN

would call on MR to locate the called program and insert its code. But MR does not execute dialog manager, so that will not work.

MRNOEDIT -INCLUDE APP/&XFEX 
-RUN

would leave it to iWay server to find the fex in the specified app folder -- assuming variable &XFEX is properly established; it might work better with &XFEX.EVAL

As to the Foc295: if there is a -SET or -IF just before your "-SET &XFEX = ‘CAR1.FEX’;" that is missing its closing semicolon, that could be the cause.

If you prefer to store all the reports in MR, rather then on the server, here's a model for the driver:
-* driver fex:
-GOTO &FEX

-ALPHA
 EX ALPHA
-GOTO DONE

-BETA
 EX BETA
-GOTO DONE

-GAMMA
 EX GAMMA
-GOTO DONE
-DONE

*All* the callable fexes will be expanded by MR (inserted in place of the EX statements);
then the driver's expanded code will be passed to the iWay server, which will branch to the one selected report.

It's a bit wasteful to expand all the reports and send them all up to the WF Server, but it should work.

One caveat: all dialog manager labels appearing in the various reports must be unique.

- Jack Gross
WF through 8.1.05

Posts: 1925 | Location: NYC | In FOCUS since 1983 | Registered: January 11, 2005Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Thanks to everyone for their reply...

I am still a little confused, because I am not sure where these fexes would need to be stored if I am going to run them in MR. Where would I put these fexes or are they alright where they are now?

Thanks Again,

Tom Idea

Tomsweb
WebFOCUS 8.1.05M, 8.2.x
Apache Tomcat/8.0.36

Posts: 573 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: July 06, 2006Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Thanks everyone. I have figured it out.
Smiler

Tomsweb
WebFOCUS 8.1.05M, 8.2.x
Apache Tomcat/8.0.36

Expert
posted Hide Post
Tom, can you post what you figured out, and update the title of your original post to include the word [SOLVED] or [WORKAROUND].

If the fex is on the server, the code should be
-DEFAULT &XFEX = 'CAR1';
-MRNOEDIT -INCLUDE &XFEX

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post