Focal Point
[CLOSED] Missing On issue

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/5927045526

October 26, 2012, 11:57 AM
JOE
[CLOSED] Missing On issue
I have a computed field that needs a "-" when denominator is 0 to replace divide by error. These two work fine:

COMPUTE trackobserv/D8.2% MISSING ON = IF cmp EQ 0 THEN MISSING ELSE cmptrk / cmp * 100; AS 'Percent,Tracked /,Observed'
     COMPUTE observcomp/D8.2% MISSING ON = IF evals EQ 0 THEN MISSING ELSE cmp / evals * 100; AS 'Observed,Complaints,per Call'  
However, this one does not work and displays ***** in the field.

COMPUTE avgcompl/D7.2% MISSING ON = IF calls EQ 0 THEN MISSING ELSE TOTCOMPL / calls * 100; AS 'Average,Complaints,per Call' 
I can not figure out what's causing this...Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Joe

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

WebFocus 7.7.02 WinXP
October 26, 2012, 02:00 PM
rfbowley
Two observations

1) The ***** implies that the D7.2% format is not large enought to hold the result. What is the format of TOTCOMPL?

2) You might want to put parenthesis to control the sequence of mathematical operations. I Think what you really want is (TOTCOMPL / calls) * 100. This may also be a factor in item 1) above.

Robert F. Bowley Jr.
Owner
TaRa Solutions, LLC

In WebFOCUS since 2001
October 26, 2012, 03:54 PM
JOE
Thanks for the response. The thing I dont understand is shouldn't the value automatically display "-" once the calls field is 0? This should be true according to the IF statement and does work for the first two. Very odd? An example that I saw is a consultants calls field had 0 which should of spawn off the MISSING ON for the compute field..It didnt and created the ****** which is actually a divide by error.

Thanks,

Joe

WebFocus 7.7.02 WinXP
October 27, 2012, 01:18 PM
Danny-SRL
What is the format of "calls"? If it is a Dnn.n, then maybe its value is not a real 0 but a very small value. This would explain that MISSING was not returned and the **** are due to a very high number resulting of the division by a very small one.

Daniel
In Focus since 1982
wf 8.202M/Win10/IIS/SSA - WrapApp Front End for WF