Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     error Reporting Server messages exceeded IBIF_max_messages

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
error Reporting Server messages exceeded IBIF_max_messages
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
Hello!
I'm getting the error above when trying to create a hold file (format FOCUS) using a csv file with 11 columns. My csv file has about 34000 records. I've created a master for the csv file. Any suggestions on what might be causing the error, and how to fix it? Thanks
Luiz

FILENAME=BTNBDEBT, SUFFIX=COMT ,
DATASET=e:\ibi\apps\dtv\BTNBDEBT.csv, $
SEGMENT=BTNBDEBT, SEGTYPE=S0, $
FIELDNAME=BTN, ALIAS=E01 , USAGE=A13V, ACTUAL=A13V, $
FIELDNAME=STATE, ALIAS=E02, USAGE=A5V, ACTUAL=A5V, $
FIELDNAME=CUST_CD, ALIAS=E03 , USAGE=A10V, ACTUAL=A10V, , $
FIELDNAME=NAME, ALIAS=E04 , USAGE=A100V, ACTUAL=A100V, $
FIELDNAME=BRC, ALIAS=E05 , USAGE=A2V, ACTUAL=A2V, $
FIELDNAME=ACCT_ENT_WO, ALIAS=E06 , USAGE=A8V, ACTUAL=A8V, $
FIELDNAME=WO_AMT, ALIAS=E07 , USAGE=D12.2, ACTUAL=D12.2, $
FIELDNAME=DISC_DAT, ALIAS=E08 , USAGE=A6V, ACTUAL=A6V, $
FIELDNAME=BO_WO_DAT, ALIAS=E09 , USAGE=A6V, ACTUAL=A6V, $
FIELDNAME=GL_WO_DAT, ALIAS=E10 , USAGE=A6V, ACTUAL=A6V, $
FIELDNAME=DUPS2, ALIAS=E11 , USAGE=A4V, ACTUAL=A4V, $
FIELDNAME=STANDALONE, ALIAS=E12 , USAGE=A2V, ACTUAL=A2V, $

Posts: 117 | Location: Denver | Registered: July 27, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Put a READLIMIT in your request to minimize the number of errors you are getting so that you can see what the error is. We can't fix the error until we know what it is.

Also, please update your signature profile with your list of products, releases, and platforms so that we can better help you.

Ginny
---------------------------------
Prod: WF 7.7.01 Dev: WF 7.6.9-11
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google

Posts: 2723 | Location: Ann Arbor, MI | Registered: April 05, 2006Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Luiz,
Two comments about your MASTER file:
1. Since you have a csv file, the ACTUAL formats can only be A. See the ACTUAL of WO_AMT: it cannot be D12.2.
2. I would never use the AnV formats for a csv file.

Daniel
In Focus since 1982
wf 8.202M/Win10/IIS/SSA - WrapApp Front End for WF

Posts: 1980 | Location: Tel Aviv, Israel | Registered: March 23, 2006Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Thank you Danny & Ginny! I was able to get it to work by removing some of the fields from the master file, and the actual csv file. I'll keep in mind the READLIMIT, and the ACTUAL format for csv files. Appreciate it.
Luiz

Posts: 117 | Location: Denver | Registered: July 27, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
I agree with Danny

Always have the ACUTAL as Annn
and there should be no reason to use Varchars.

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Looks like Danny has solved the root of your problem.

As an aside, I had this error previously also, and to avoid it, I set the value for IBIF_max_messages to 0 in the client settings. This can be updated from the WF Administration Console (http://server_name/ibi_html/wfconsole.htm), under Configuration->Client Settings->General. You must log in with an account at the Administrator Level.

Setting the value to 0 means that there is no limit for the number of error messages. I don't know if there are any side-effects with doing this, but I haven't seen any in 3+ months.

Sean

------------------------------------------------------------------------
PROD: WebFOCUS 7.6.2 on Unix AIX/Tomcat/Servlet Mode
TEST: WebFOCUS 7.6.2 on Unix AIX/Tomcat/Servlet Mode

Posts: 210 | Location: Ottawa | Registered: November 03, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
The side effects i've found is when a large number of line of output are returned, it can cause your browser problems.

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post