Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CASE-OPENED] Change Management won't Import FEX, Item Parent folder doesn't exist

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CASE-OPENED] Change Management won't Import FEX, Item Parent folder doesn't exist
 Login/Join

posted
Hi guys, we have just set up a new WebFocus 8 environment and I am trying to migrate our application(s) to our QA server to no avail. I can create export of Domain, Application, Folders and import successfully to our QA environment. So at this point I have the domain the folder inside the domain and all the .mas files that belong to the application. As soon as I Add a focexec to the export and try to import I am getting the following error. I tried it every which way, ie addnew/update. I ran a SQL Profiler Trace to monitor the SQL calls and I can see in the trace file the duplicate call to insert to the WF_NLSOBJ table which causes the primary key violation. Anybody else experience this and maybe have a solution, thanks in advance.

Item Parent Folder Does not Exist /WFC/Repository/DOMAINNAME/FOLDERNAME/Focexec.name

sqlserverexception Violation Of Primary Key Constraint
Call: INSERT INTO WF_NLSOBJ(OBJDESC, SUMMARY, WF_LNG, OBJ_HANDLE) VALUES(?,?,?,?)

I take it I cant add image or attach file so here is the jist of the error.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Kathryn Henning>,

Web Focus 8.0.9

Posts: 7 | Location: Davenport IA | Registered: December 18, 2008Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
HDavidson,

Are you exporting the handle with your content resources? I had a situation where I did not export the handle with one of my folders, and then whenever I went to add to that folder I couldn't do so because my QA environment had created a new handle for the resource. So when it went to insert to focexec into the folder, the folder handles didn't match and I got an error. To resolve this I deleted the folder in QA and re-did my export, making sure that I moved the folder WITH the handle. Now when I move just the focexec without the folder, I no longer run into any issues with my import/export.

Eric Woerle
8.1.05M Gen 913- Reporting Server Unix
8.1.05 Client Unix
Oracle 11.2.0.2

Posts: 750 | Location: Warrenville, IL | Registered: January 08, 2013Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the reply Eric, yes I have tried the checking the box retain handles, and without checking the box. I miss the good old days of just copying focexec files to the server and be done with it Smiler

Web Focus 8.0.9

Posts: 7 | Location: Davenport IA | Registered: December 18, 2008Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
If you still want to do it that way, you can. Just create both environments in your Dev Studio and copy paste. Works the same as it always did. Personally I prefer the change management of today as opposed to the change management of 77, but I know of people on this forum that disagree with me. I guess its a personal preference to a certain extent.

Have you opened a case with IBI? They should be able to help you resolve your issue.

Eric Woerle
8.1.05 Client Unix
Oracle 11.2.0.2

Posts: 750 | Location: Warrenville, IL | Registered: January 08, 2013Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks, now when you say in both environments what does that mean exactly, I just started working with app studio, our wf tool has always been notepad in the past as we did not use .mas file but rather stored procedures and dynamic grouping inside the focexec so they would never open up in app studio. In my environment tree I have content, which is where I created the domain/folder/subfolder/focexecs. Where are your referring to Local Projects ? I have had a case open with IBI since we had one fo their boys here to get us set up with 8, he recreated the issue on his machine also Frowner.

Web Focus 8.0.9

Master
posted Hide Post
I currently stay away from App Studio in my 8008 install. Its to unstable for my liking. But if I remember correctly, you should be able to right click your environment in the environment tree and add a new environment. Put in your QA information and you'll be off rocking and rolling. Since i'm unfamiliar with App Studio, I don't know how copying and pasting between environments work. If you were to install Developer Studio its as easy as "select file, ctrtl+c, select new folder, ctrl+v"

Eric Woerle
8.1.05 Client Unix
Oracle 11.2.0.2