Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [Closed] - Active Report - % of Total

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[Closed] - Active Report - % of Total
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
Once an Active HTML report is ran and you click on the Active arrow at the column heading and then click Calculate and then % of Total. This will give you the % of the column, what the clients wants to see is the % of the row. I can calculate it and present it to them but they want to use the tool. If the report generates these new columns then my question would be how to hide them until they want to see them.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: David Sibert,

dksib
DC Tech Services Inc
WF 8.2.1M

Posts: 117 | Location: US | Registered: February 09, 2004Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
I don't believe there is way to do it after the report generates but you could use RPCT in the ACROSS then use the stylesheet command HIDE=ON to hide all of the RPCT columns before the report generates. Then it's up to the user to unhide/hide the desired RPCT columns using ACTIVE Tech.

Here's some code to play with that works in 7.6.11:

TABLE FILE CAR
SUM SALES 
    RPCT.SALES AS PCT 
ACROSS COUNTRY AS ''
BY SEATS
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT AHTML
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
TYPE=REPORT,COLUMN=RPCT.SALES(*),HIDE=ON,$
ENDSTYLE
END

On report generation, hit any Active drop-arrow and select Show Columns then select Show All. POW! All of the RPCT columns display nicely. To hide all of the RPCT columns, select Restore Original from the bottom of the Active drop-arrow menu.

David

In FOCUS since 1985 - WF 8.009/8.104 Win 8 Outputs: ALL of 'em! Adapters: Sql Server Teradata Oracle

Posts: 161 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: February 20, 2009Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks David

My only issue is that first you have to hide a column prior to you being able to unhide a Percent column.

dksib
DC Tech Services Inc
WF 8.2.1M

Posts: 117 | Location: US | Registered: February 09, 2004Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
You're welcome.

You are correct, because the user cannot create the row percentage columns on the fly using Active Content technology options, we generate the row percentage columns, hide them, and finally allow the user to unhide them when they want to see them.

Which seems to be the working solution to your question:

quote:
If the report generates these new columns then my question would be how to hide them until they want to see them.

That's cool, though. I actually learned something useful doing this small exercise so I should thank you for asking the question!

In FOCUS since 1985 - WF 8.009/8.104 Win 8 Outputs: ALL of 'em! Adapters: Sql Server Teradata Oracle

Posts: 161 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: February 20, 2009Report This Post