Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] Pass a variable into Slide Control Filter

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] Pass a variable into Slide Control Filter
 Login/Join

posted
I need to be able to make a selection of locations to display in a Top/Bottom table. We have different clients who will use this tool so it needs to change based on how many locations they have. For instance, a client with 40 locations should be able to slide from 1 to 20. A client with 60 locations would be 1-30. I can't find a way to pass that in variable form. This is how the filter is coded.

WHERE &VarCnt.(FROM 1 TO 10).Variance Count:. GE 1; 

I also have a hold file that will look for locations based on the client logged in and store another variable that is half the count of locations.
TABLE FILE DIMLOCATION
SUM 
COMPUTE LocCnt/I4=CNT.LocationID/2;
ON TABLE HOLD AS LOC FORMAT ALPHA
ON TABLE SET HTMLCSS ON
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
ENDSTYLE
END
-RUN
-SET &LocCnt = 10;
-READFILE LOC
TYPE LocCnt = &LocCnt  

If I insert &LocCnt into the Where statement,
WHERE &VarCnt.(FROM 1 TO &LocCnt).Variance Count:. GE 1;  

the filter just reads it as 0. So the slider is a range of 1 to 0 which obviously doesn't do anything. I've tried it with '&LocCnt' and with "&LocCnt" and get the same result. Is it possible?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

WebFocus 8207
Windows 10
Excel, HTML

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
May not be the best option, but since I don't know all your code in the filter, can it work using something such as below ?

-IF &LocCnt LE 10 THEN GOTO WHR10;
-IF &LocCnt LE 20 THEN GOTO WHR20;
-IF &LocCnt LE 30 THEN GOTO WHR30;
-*-* If none of above IF is true, then perform below as default
-WHR10
 WHERE &VarCnt.(FROM 1 TO 10).Variance Count:. GE 1;
-GOTO ENDWHR
-WHR20
 WHERE &VarCnt.(FROM 1 TO 20).Variance Count:. GE 1;
-GOTO ENDWHR
-WHR30
 WHERE &VarCnt.(FROM 1 TO 30).Variance Count:. GE 1;
-GOTO ENDWHR
-ENDWHR

WF versions : Prod 8.2.04M gen 33, Dev 8.2.04M gen 33, OS : Windows, DB : MSSQL, Outputs : HTML, Excel, PDF
In Focus since 2007

Posts: 2409 | Location: Montreal Area, Qc, CA | Registered: September 25, 2013Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I appreciate the response, but the issue isn't getting the right number of locations to show up. I need the filter at the top to go from 1 - X. It will vary quite a bit depending on client so trying to make a separate GOTO for each possibility would be way to cumbersome.

Edit: also how do I get images to show up? I've tried imgur and imgBB

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Matthew S,

WebFocus 8207
Windows 10
Excel, HTML

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Matthew

It is not clear where &VarCnt is being set and your WHERE should just be WHERE &VarCnt FROM 1 to &LocCnt without the GE 1. I created a similar report with the car file and used a slider in the html form and it works fine, granted I am using a real field for the WHERE.

TABLE FILE CAR
SUM
     CAR.BODY.DEALER_COST
BY  CAR.ORIGIN.COUNTRY
BY  CAR.COMP.CAR
WHERE CAR.BODY.SEATS FROM 1 TO &SEATS;
ON TABLE SET PAGE-NUM NOLEAD
ON TABLE SET ASNAMES ON
ON TABLE NOTOTAL
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT HTML
ON TABLE SET HTMLEMBEDIMG ON
ON TABLE SET HTMLCSS ON
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
     INCLUDE = IBFS:/FILE/IBI_HTML_DIR/ibi_themes/Warm.sty,
$
ENDSTYLE
END 

Thank you for using Focal Point!

Chuck Wolff - Focal Point Moderator
WebFOCUS 7x and 8x, Windows, Linux All output Formats

Posts: 2127 | Location: Customer Support | Registered: April 12, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks but the issue isn't actually filtering the data. I need the control at the top to be a slider. The example you provided created a simple filter box where the user inputs a number. I don't want the user to input any number. I want them to select from within range I provide. Here's an example from the manual for 8205 for working slider controls:

https://kb.informationbuilders...slider-controls-8205

Except in the above image, I need the range to be (FROM 1 to &LocCnt) instead of a hard coded number.

WebFocus 8207
Windows 10
Excel, HTML

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Matthew

I created an html formwith a slider control for the variable not an edit box and when I move the slider it filters the report accordingly.

Posts: 2127 | Location: Customer Support | Registered: April 12, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm not getting that result when I use
 TABLE FILE CAR
SUM
     CAR.BODY.DEALER_COST
BY  CAR.ORIGIN.COUNTRY
BY  CAR.COMP.CAR
WHERE CAR.BODY.SEATS FROM 1 TO &SEATS;
ON TABLE SET PAGE-NUM NOLEAD
ON TABLE SET ASNAMES ON
ON TABLE NOTOTAL
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT HTML
ON TABLE SET HTMLEMBEDIMG ON
ON TABLE SET HTMLCSS ON
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
     INCLUDE = IBFS:/FILE/IBI_HTML_DIR/ibi_themes/Warm.sty,
$
ENDSTYLE
END 

I just get an edit box. Is there additional coding I need to apply?

WebFocus 8207
Windows 10
Excel, HTML

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Matthew

You have to create a separate html form and reference the fex. It will prompt you for what kind of control you want and choose slider.