Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] IBI Business Portal - Cyclic filter drop down boxes on the "paramters panel"

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] IBI Business Portal - Cyclic filter drop down boxes on the "paramters panel"
 Login/Join

posted
Dear IBI Community

I'm working on a IBI Portal solution and we have at the moment a dashboard running with 6 independent reports (in 6 different fex files). These reports can be filtered through a global filter with 7 different dropdown boxes.

I saw that it's possible to casscade these dropdown boxes so i.E. if you pick a start date all or some of the dropdown boxes are filtered as well: You can achieve this behavior over the "Paramters" panel in the app studio by drag and dropping one html element to another.

Question/requirement: In my case the dropdown boxes aren't cascaded. Instead i.e. if you start with the last dropdown box all others must be updated as well. So there is no chaining rule for the dropdown boxes at all. The user can start selecting his filter parameters wherever he wants and all others must be updated.

Additional info: The problem I facing within the parameters panel in app studio is that you can only have one directional relationship between the comboboxes. A bidirectional or "cyclic" dependency can't be created.

Is there a way that I can achieve this with the app studio resp. with the out of the box tools?

Many thanks for sharing your ideas and sponsor your time.

Best regards
Matt

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

WebFOCUS 8
Windows, All Outputs

Posts: 26 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: August 17, 2016Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
I don't think there is a auto way to do this.

I suspect that you will need to create javascript to update each control when the source control is changed.

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Hello Waz and all other IBI ethusiasts

Thank you for your answer.

For all: In the mean time I tried a kind of workaround solution for solving this problem. I created a fresh "Selection changed" trigger with a 7 refresh actions with input control (dropdown boxes) as target type. This works, but in my case I have a performance problem. The refresh process can't finish and the browser crashes (stop javascript).

Best regards
Matt

WebFOCUS 8
Windows, All Outputs

Guru
posted Hide Post
Perhaps you have a infinite loop? box 1 triggers box 2, box 2 has a new select value and triggers box 1?

Test: WF 8.2
Prod: WF 8.2
DB: Progress, REST, IBM UniVerse/UniData, SQLServer, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, Greenplum, Athena.

Posts: 454 | Location: Europe | Registered: February 05, 2007Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Samantthias

You might look into using Jquery as well. I am not knowledgeable about it but I have seen some examples that are very dynamic.

Thank you for using Focal Point!

Chuck Wolff - Focal Point Moderator
WebFOCUS 7x and 8x, Windows, Linux All output Formats

Posts: 2127 | Location: Customer Support | Registered: April 12, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
I think you will need to create a flag to say "don't update" for the other controls, if this is a loop like Frans says.

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Dear Both

Thanks for your answers and sharing your ideas. I will investigate a little bit further.

Best regards
Matt

WebFOCUS 8
Windows, All Outputs