Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CASE-OPENED] Maintaining Non-unique User IDs in MR Administration

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CASE-OPENED] Maintaining Non-unique User IDs in MR Administration
 Login/Join

Master
posted
I have what I hope is not a completely unique situation. My issue that I am working through is that I have a set of users that are maintained in LDAP. These users are seperated by group which means that User JDoe can be in group A as well as in group B. JDoe would also be a different user that needs a different set of domains made available to them. We are utilizing SSO, so I do not have the opportunity to create my own naming conventions and apply them only in WebFOCUS. so GRPA_JDOE and GRPB_JDOE are not viable user names. I have to use JDOE and JDOE. Also, we would like to be able to continue to use the MR Admin Console to maintain our users. So moving to LDAP Autherization will currently not work.

My current strategy is to enhance the table WF_MRUSERS with a new field of GROUP_KEY and change the Primary key to use GROUP_KEY and USER. This should create my unique records, but now I need to be able to authorize against a specific GROUP for a specific user.

My current plan is to somehow use the information in the HTTP Header variable SERVER_NAME and based on that pass down the group that needs to be filtered on. Does anyone know what file I would need to adjust to create that variable, and then how to pass it to the SQL statements or stored procedures?

Any help is greatly appreciated! If anyone has faced a similar situation, how have you gone about it? Is there a better way for me to do this?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

Eric Woerle
8.1.05M Gen 913- Reporting Server Unix
8.1.05 Client Unix
Oracle 11.2.0.2

Posts: 750 | Location: Warrenville, IL | Registered: January 08, 2013Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Eric, when you have an update/solution from the case, would you please post? Thank you in advance for sharing with all.

Cheers,

Kerry

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

Kerry Zhan
Focal Point Moderator
Information Builders, Inc.

Posts: 1948 | Location: New York | Registered: November 16, 2004Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Kerry,

Yes I have a case opened for this and I will update once I have a response. Funny thing about that, is IBI Support actually suggested that the Forum would probably be able to provide me with a better answer. But I am in discussions with Support and awaiting there latest response.

Thanks!

Eric Woerle
8.1.05M Gen 913- Reporting Server Unix
8.1.05 Client Unix
Oracle 11.2.0.2

Posts: 750 | Location: Warrenville, IL | Registered: January 08, 2013Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Hi Eric,

Yes it is fine to post here to see if any of our customer gurus have done this before. Once you hear from the IBI Support on a fix, it would be great if you can post the solution here. Thanks so much.

Cheers,
Kerry

Kerry Zhan
Focal Point Moderator
Information Builders, Inc.

Posts: 1948 | Location: New York | Registered: November 16, 2004Report This Post