Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] Excel Drilldowns asking for re-login

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] Excel Drilldowns asking for re-login
 Login/Join

posted
Hi all,

I have a WebFocus report that will give format output as Excel. I will then have a link in Excel to drilldown to next level (call a new report). My problem is whenever I click the drilldown link, it asks me to log in to MRE again although I still have the MRE window open. Does anyone have a solution for this or some work-around on this type of problem?

Thanks a lot,

Shane Tran

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

Master
posted Hide Post
Please update your signature to include the version of WF and the platform you are on. Also, it would help to know what version of Excel you are running.

Pat
WF 7.6.8, AIX, AS400, NT
AS400 FOCUS, AIX FOCUS,
Oracle, DB2, JDE, Lotus Notes

Posts: 755 | Location: TX | Registered: September 25, 2007Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
I would be curious to see if anyone here would have any comments on this issue

809 DevStudio, MRE, Report Caster , Report Library
Output: Excel PDF, HTML

posted Hide Post
I just updated my signature. Thanks

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Does this happen for every drilldown, or just the first one?

"There is no limit to what you can achieve ... if you don’t care who gets the credit." Roger Abbott

Posts: 1102 | Location: Toronto, Ontario | Registered: May 26, 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Dhagen,

It happens whenever I try to drilldown, every single time.

Thanks,

Master
posted Hide Post
Post your code from both programs (between

the < / > above) and designate which fex is the drill down.

Pat
WF 7.6.8, AIX, AS400, NT
AS400 FOCUS, AIX FOCUS,

posted Hide Post
This is the first fex code:

TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT
COUNTRY
CAR
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
TYPE=DATA,
COLUMN=N2,
FOCEXEC=app/drill.fex(CAR='TOYOTA'),
TARGET=blank,$
ENDSTYLE
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT EXL2K
END

You then will need to rename the fex name in the calling line. Here I use "drill" as an example.

Here is the second fex code:

TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT
CAR
MODEL
WHERE CAR EQ '&CAR'
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
ENDSTYLE
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT EXL2K
END

After I run the first, I got the excel open with a link to second fex on second column. I then click one of the link, it immediately asks me to log on to the MRE again with my MRE window is still open.

Thanks,

Master
posted Hide Post
This works in our system. What type of server are you on? Are the programs in a domain or a server procedure? Is this running thru dev studio? Is this a straight MRE setup or do you have custom features?

Pat
WF 7.6.8, AIX, AS400, NT
AS400 FOCUS, AIX FOCUS,

posted Hide Post
Hi Pat,

We use Unix(Solaris) for server. The 2 reports are in the same domain. It's NOT running thru dev studio. We're using MRE 7.1.6 env. No custom features. Thanks.

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
When you go to MRE to run the first procedure, do you have to log on?
If so, you'll have to log on every time when you have a drill down activated from some other product like excel or pdf. Point is, when you're in that other product, it has no notion of internal or external cookies of IE.
User data (ie username/password) is never stored on disk, it is stored in a memory resident cookie. This thing belongs to IE (or whatever browser you're using). It will not be passed on to a third party product, not even if this is a product that runs within IE.

Anyway, this is as I understand the process of authentication.

Hope this helps. ...

GamP

- Using AS 8.2.01 on Windows 10 - IE11.
in Focus since 1988

Posts: 1961 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: September 25, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi GamP,

I don't need to logon when running the first report. I think what you said there completely makes sense for me since when we do the drilldowns, we run the reports from Excel, and not the MRE itself. I just hope we have some work-around to avoid the problem. Thanks.

Expert
posted Hide Post
Hi Shane,

Have you tried searching "FOCEXURL"?
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/...551070251#9551070251

Hope this helps. Smiler

Cheers,

Kerry

Kerry Zhan
Focal Point Moderator
Information Builders, Inc.

Posts: 1948 | Location: New York | Registered: November 16, 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Kerry,

Thanks for your help. I'll take a look at it.

posted Hide Post
Hi Kerry and all,

This is exactly what I am lokking for. I found the answer in the forum. By perform these below steps, instead of opening as a separate window, it uses the same IE window. Whenever I drilldown I don't need to re-login again. For those folks that have the same issue, here are the steps:

1. Access Windows Explorer.
2. From the Tools menu, click Folder Options.
3. Select the File Types tab.
4. Select the XLS extension and then click Advanced.
5. Select the Browse in same window check box and then click OK.
6. Click Close to exit the Folder Options window.

Again, thanks for all your helps Kerry.