Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     URL to a created Hold file

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
URL to a created Hold file
 Login/Join

Guru
posted
Hi,

I have one of my reports creating a hold file which is a dbase file.
Since I can not use PCHOLD to save the file to the local machine of the user running the report, I would like to create a url giving him the possibility to download the file.
My hold file is under 'D:\IBI\APPS\CINVOICE.DBF'
I tried the following URL 'http:\\10.11.136.34:6206\approot\cinvoice.dbf' but it does not work.

Could you please help me solve this issue.

Regards.

Majid.

WebFocus 7.6.5
AND WebLogic server as web server
sql2005 as database server

Posts: 273 | Location: Europe | Registered: May 31, 2007Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Majid,
I suppose that your WebFocus server is on 10.11.136.34 with port 6206.
Could it be that you are using backslashes instead of slashes?

Daniel
In Focus since 1982
wf 8.202M/Win10/IIS/SSA - WrapApp Front End for WF

Posts: 1980 | Location: Tel Aviv, Israel | Registered: March 23, 2006Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
Hi Danny,

I noticed that and I have corrected It. But the issue is that now instead of prompting for the location it just open it in the explorer.
I am interested in saving this file on the user computer.

Thanks

WebFocus 7.6.5

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Majid,
If your browser opens the DBF file that means that it is allowed to do so. It recognizes the DBF extension and uses the your dbase program to open it. The same happens in Word, for example.

If you want your user to have the option "Open" or "Save" I think you will have to change something in his browser.

Check in Tools->Internet->Security.

Daniel
In Focus since 1982
wf 8.202M/Win10/IIS/SSA - WrapApp Front End for WF

Posts: 1980 | Location: Tel Aviv, Israel | Registered: March 23, 2006Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
Hi Danny,

I am sure that my IE is setup Correctly and I have verified that.
What i wanted to achieve by this is to create a hold file on a machine which is different from webfocus like for example the machine of the user running the report.

Regards

WebFocus 7.6.5

Master
posted Hide Post
Majid Jeddi

Is your Web Server and the WebFOCUS Reporting Server on the same physical box?

Scott

Guru
posted Hide Post
Hi,

Yes they are.

Thanks

WebFocus 7.6.5

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Majid,

If you want output from a WebFOCUS report to appear on another server, different from the one executing the *.fex, then I suggest using DOS and FTP.
Of course, the receiving server must have an FTP service available.

The FOCUS procedure performs 3 steps:
1) TABLE FILE ... END produces the report in whatever form you like to either the agent's temporary space, or to pre-allocated space on the same server.
1a) If in agent space, use Dialogue manager to construct the fully qualified path and name of the output beginning with TEMPPATH(40,'A40').
1b) If in allocated space, use FILEDEF to path and name the report into a directory on one of the sever's labeled drives.

2) Use FILEDEF and WRITE to prepare a (temporary) file containing the commands necessary to 'drive' an FTP session.

3) Use the wonderful ability of the FOCUS procedure language to contain imbedded DOS commands and insert "DOS FTP ...." into your *.fex.

Using the agent space option, your procedure will look something like this for an Excel report:

-SET &REPORT_PATH = TEMPPATH(40,'A40')||'\REPORT.xls'
TABLE FILE 
ON TABLE HOLD AS REPORT FORMAT EXL2K
END
-RUN

FILEDEF FTPCMDS DISK E:\IBI\APPS\...\FTPCMDS.FTP
-RUN
-WRITE FTPCMDSP open <ftptargetservice>
-WRITE FTPCMDS <ftpuserid>
-WRITE FTPCMDS <ftppassword>
-WRITE FTPCMDS <... other commands as needed ...>
-WRITE FTPCMDSP put &REPORT_PATH
-WRITE FTPCMDSP close
-WRITE FTPCMDS bye
-RUN

DOS ftp -i -s:E:\IBI\APPS\...\FTPCMDS.FTP
-RUN

If run in RCaster, use the FTP output option instead of the method shown above.

Set-up a WebServer on the target server so that it will operate the URL you need and display the report you sent to that server.

This can be coded in DevStudio, with the report portion done in Report Assist/Painter and the rest as Comments.
(This is where I like to drop the DevStudio tool and pick-up Edit-Text.)

Chris

This message has been edited. Last edited by: cburtt,

WIN/2K running WF 7.6.4
Development via DevStudio 7.6.4, MRE, TextEditor.
Data is Oracle, MS-SQL.

Posts: 154 | Location: NY | Registered: October 27, 2005Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Ok, sence they are on the same box I would create a simple file something like test.html and see of I can access it from a browser. if the file is on ibi\apps in my url i would try

http://xxxxxxx/approot/test.html

if that worked rename the file changing the extention that that which to want. and try accessing it again.

if that worked then retry you file just from a browser. if that does not work then it looks like it might be a security issue. try creating a folder under apps called temp meove the file there, try it again from a browser changing the url to something like

http://xxxxxxx/approot/temp/yyyyy.zzz

changing the xxx's yyy's and zzzz's to call your file

PS just incase make sure you are using the correct case upper/lower

Hope this helps.

Scott

Guru
posted Hide Post
Hi,

Thanks to all of you.

I solved the issue this way:
Once the hold file is created on the WF server i add this at the end of the fex file:

-HTMLFORM BEGIN

Download

!IBI.FIL.SHORT;

-HTMLFORM END

This way the user can download the file wherever he/she wants.

Regrads

WebFocus 7.6.5

Master
posted Hide Post
FYI if thie application is for a single user no problem. if it is for multiple user you may want to add a date time to the file name. this way they will not overwrite each others file

Scott