Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] Chrome update to 65.x broke App Studio

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] Chrome update to 65.x broke App Studio
 Login/Join

posted
We recently ran into an issue when our Chrome updated to the latest release (65.x) and it no longer worked with App Studio but we were able to identify a solution and wanted to share it with everyone. If you go to https://www.seleniumhq.org/download/ and download the latest "Google Chrome Driver" and then go to your App Studio bin directory (for me it was c:\ibi\AppStudio82\bin), backup the existing chromedriver.exe and then put the new version there it will start working again. Hope this was helpful to others who may have run into this issue.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

8.2.01m
Windows, All Outputs

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Good call! I had to scroll down on that page quite a bit to get to the browser specific drivers - the top item (a JAR-file) seems not relevant.

Is there a trick to pass on credentials? We use IWA autentication, but Chrome asks for my credentials each time I run a fex from App Studio. It does not do that when running procedures on our portal the normal way, only when started from AS.

I'd much prefer to use Chrome for testing instead of that horrendous Internet Explorer. Firefox is apparently a no-op with our App Studio (8105m GEN 05172017).

And... Is there a similar trick that works for recent Firefox? Unfortunately, the configuration panel does not let us specify a driver location for the geckodriver.exe from the same location.

EDIT: It looks like there could be some options in the WebDriver.xml file. Interesting...

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Wep5622,

WebFOCUS 8.1.03, Windows 7-64/2008-64, IBM DB2/400, Oracle 11g & RDB, MS SQL-Server 2005, SAP, PostgreSQL 11, Output: HTML, PDF, Excel 2010
: Member of User Group Benelux :

Posts: 1669 | Location: Enschede, Netherlands | Registered: August 12, 2010Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Not sure as both Chrome and Firefox work for me. We are on 8201m (gen 05042017) so not sure if the version may likely have fixed some issues because we were previously on 8008 and Chrome/Firefox did not work for me at that time. If there is a way to do some kind of remote session I can take a look to see if I can offer any guidance

8.2.01m
Windows, All Outputs

Expert
posted Hide Post
Two points:

1) Has Chrome been certified to work with WebFOCUS or App Studio yet?

2) Check out TESTFOCI.bat.

Doug

Posts: 3132 | Location: Tennessee, Nashville area | Registered: February 23, 2005Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Doug

Chrome has been certified for use with WebFOCUS and App Studio. Version 60 for 8.2.01 and version 64 for 8.2.02

Thank you for using Focal Point!

Chuck Wolff - Focal Point Moderator
WebFOCUS 7x and 8x, Windows, Linux All output Formats

Posts: 2127 | Location: Customer Support | Registered: April 12, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Thanks Chuck, That's great news. Smiler

Posts: 3132 | Location: Tennessee, Nashville area | Registered: February 23, 2005Report This Post