Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     drill down with date ranges

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
drill down with date ranges
 Login/Join

Silver Member
posted
I'm trying to modify a report written by someone who is long gone.

When I run the initial report, I select date ranges, and the output is just that. When I drill down it ignores the date range and gives me all the data. How do I put a date range in the drilldown?

TYPE=TITLE,COLUMN=P2,JAVASCRIPT=rankby('hrstats_rank03' 'NUMSESS' FMT),WHEN=FMT EQ 'H',$
TYPE=TITLE,COLUMN=P3,JAVASCRIPT=rankby('hrstats_rank03' 'NUMRPTS' FMT),WHEN=FMT EQ 'H',$
TYPE=TITLE,COLUMN=P4,JAVASCRIPT=rankby('hrstats_rank03' 'OUT_LINES' FMT),WHEN=FMT EQ 'H',$
TYPE=TITLE,COLUMN=P5,JAVASCRIPT=rankby('hrstats_rank03' 'AVGLINES' FMT),WHEN=FMT EQ 'H',$
TYPE=DATA,COLUMN=ACSTYPE,JAVASCRIPT=rptdrill('hrstats_rank01' '' ACSTYPE FMT),
WHEN=FMT EQ 'H',$

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
On the initial request, I assume the high and low date of the range where passed as amper variables. To retain these values, include them in the call to the JAVASCRIPT by including the amper variables in the stylesheet statement that calls the javascript function. Adjust your javascript function to handle them. I realize this is a generaic answer. If you need more details, let me know.

Posts: 995 | Location: Gaithersburg, MD, USA | Registered: May 07, 2003Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Yes, I need more details. Do you have a good example?

Expert
posted Hide Post
db, would you be kind enough to give us your javascript functions, as well? tia.

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
This is the function for the posted javascript

function rptdrill(fex,rpt,user,fmt) {
document.runfex.IBIF_ex.value=fex;
document.runfex.THISRPT.value=rpt;
document.runfex.USERTYPE.value=user;
document.runfex.FMT.value=fmt;
document.runfex.TABLENM.value='RANKHOLD';
document.runfex.submit();

Master
posted Hide Post
db, Looks like you need to create 2 new hidden fields in the runfex form section call them something like STARTDATE and ENDDATE. Then modify the rptdrill function to look somthing like this:

function rptdrill(fex,rpt,user,fmt , sdate, edate )
{
document.runfex.IBIF_ex.value=fex;
document.runfex.THISRPT.value=rpt;
document.runfex.USERTYPE.value=user;
document.runfex.FMT.value=fmt;
document.runfex.TABLENM.value='RANKHOLD';
document.runfex.STARTDATE.value = sdate;
document.runfex.ENDDATE.value = edate;

document.runfex.submit();
}

then modify the first report and add the start date range and the end date range. somthing like this.

TYPE=DATA,COLUMN=ACSTYPE,JAVASCRIPT=rptdrill('hrstats_rank01' '' ACSTYPE FMT &DATE1 &DATE2 ),
WHEN=FMT EQ 'H',$

you may need commas between the fields. Also replace &DATE1 and &DATE2 with the real variables that are used in the report.

Hope this helps

Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Tex, I followed your example, but I'm still having problems. Now when I click on the drill down I get an error "expecting an object". I'm a beginner java user and I don't understand the error.