Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     “Multiselect OR” type Variable passed to Child pro in a drilldown?

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
“Multiselect OR” type Variable passed to Child pro in a drilldown?
 Login/Join

posted
Can a Variable whose type is “Multiselect OR” be passed to Child procedure in a drill-down report?
I am doing a drill down report.
In Parent procedure, there is a Variable called “priority” whose type is “Multiselect OR”.
User can choose 1,2,3 or all or <12> <23><13> from the combo box (dropdown box).
But it seems that only “simple” variable can be passed to another procedure (child procedure).

Has anybody done this before? Could you give me some help?

Thanks a lot!

Expert
posted Hide Post
Hi Lisaqq,

Can you please try this: import/reference the below procedure into the Resource/HTML Layout Painter and then set the list box to multiple and test. This code demonstrates how to pass multiple values from a list box in a HTM procedure to a Report procedure.

TABLE FILE CAR
    SUM
         DEALER_COST
         RETAIL_COST
         SALES
    BY COUNTRY
    BY CAR
    BY MODEL
    BY SEATS
    WHERE SEATS EQ &SEATS.(FIND SEATS IN CAR).SEATS.;
    END 

Hope this helps. Smiler

Cheers,

Kerry

Kerry Zhan
Focal Point Moderator
Information Builders, Inc.

Posts: 1948 | Location: New York | Registered: November 16, 2004Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Lisaqq,

In your fex called from your launch page, you will (no doubt) process the multiple variable values so that you can utilise them in a WHERE clause. If you manipulate them to build a single variable then use that in the STYLE to pass to your drilldown fex. In your drilldown fex, use the single variable that you have passed in your WHERE clause.

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks a lot! Guys.

Hi, Tony:
BTW, could you tell me how to convert “Multiselect OR”. Variable to “simple” variable .
What I did in parent procedure is: (I use GUI)
Where priority equals to (parameter) &priority (the type is “Multiselect OR”.)

What I did for the drill-down column is:
Priority (field name) =&priority (variable. But because I used “Multiselect OR”. It said “error”)
If &priority is “simple” type, it should be fine.

Expert
posted Hide Post
Lisa,

Values from a multiple select control are passed in the URL as recurring values, for instance using your &priority variable, if you chose 3 values (1, 2 and 3) then the URL would contain a section looking like this -

&priority=1&priority=2&priority=3

WebFOCUS interprets this for you and creates a variable name for each one and one extra for the number of variable occurences -

&priority0 = 3
&priority1 = 1
&priority2 = 2
&priority3 = 3

You will then need to perform some dialog manager to get these into a variable something like '1 OR 2 OR 3' to suit your requirements.

There are other posts on the Forum discussing the various methods and their merits - also "features" with different releases!!

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post