Focal Point
[CLOSED] HTML Active report question

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/6037025876

September 21, 2015, 11:48 AM
RobertF
[CLOSED] HTML Active report question
I found a use for this feature. To my dismay it appears if I use this report type, I give up my ability to control column widths. I am in the GUI and no matter what settings I make (Max/Min/Truncate etc) the columns appear to use the longest value present to set the default column widths. As you go from page to page the report changes deminsions making for a messy looking presentation. Further, I'd like to pad a little space between my measure columms for better readiability.

Is there a way in the GUI to control the column width and if so how. Failing that, can it be done in the code? If so can someone provide an example.

Thanks!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Kathryn Henning>,

WebFOCUS 8206.08
Windows, All Outputs
September 23, 2015, 08:35 AM
Clayton Peacock
This is possible via GUI but doesn't work Mad

WF 8.1.05, MRE, BI Portal, App Studio, Apache Tomcat/8.0.21, MS Windows Server 2014 Express, MS Windows 10, Chrome
September 23, 2015, 09:22 AM
Francis Mariani
"WRAP" seems to set the width of the column:

TABLE FILE CAR
SUM
SALES
SEATS
WIDTH
HEIGHT
BY COUNTRY
BY CAR
BY MODEL

ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT AHTML

ON TABLE SET STYLE *
TYPE=REPORT, COLUMN=MODEL, WRAP=10, $
ENDSTYLE
END

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server
September 23, 2015, 03:47 PM
RobertF
what I discovered is that varying the size of the box on the HTML page affects the width of certain columns no matter how they are set in the fex. I have not been able to determine how/why certain columns are made bigger or smaller vs others.

I tried the WRAP. I set all to wrap 1". It expanded 3 of 4 columns to best fit the HTML block I had drawn.

WebFOCUS 8206.08
Windows, All Outputs
September 24, 2015, 04:34 PM
RobertF
Now I created a new Active report with 7 columns. I can not stretch any of them. The report is essentially condencng everything right up against each other. Is there some sort of Page Width setting or something I need to make?

WebFOCUS 8206.08
Windows, All Outputs