Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     AUDIT TRAIL OF FEX CHANGES

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
AUDIT TRAIL OF FEX CHANGES
 Login/Join

posted
IS THERE ANYWAY TO TRACK IF SOMEONE HAS MADE A CHANGE TO A FEX FILE. LIKE SOME SORT OF AUDIT TRAIL IN WF. I AM USING A APP QUERY WHICH GIVE ME THE DATE OF THE CHANGE BUT NOT A USER.
THANKS

Prod: WebFOCUS 7.1, 7.13, 7.6
Test: DevStudio 7.1, 7.6 Servlet - Self Service - MS Windows XP SP2 - Apache Tomcat 5.0.28
Output: HTML, Excel 2000 and PDF

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Hi Chuck,
IBI has a tool, Resouce Analyzer, that will do this for you.
Rich

WebFOCUS 8202 Win 2012
Test - WebFOCUS 8203 on Win 2012

Posts: 173 | Registered: November 16, 2005Report This Post
<JG>
posted
Resouce Analyzer is not a source control or audit tool and unless it has changed
it does not have the capability to give the sort of information Chuck-n-Charge is
wanting to see.

It's purpose is not to audit who changed requests rather who ran requests and what they requested.

To do what Chuck-n-Charge wants a third party tool is required.

Report This Post
posted Hide Post
JG
Any suggestion on the third party tool?
Thanks

Prod: WebFOCUS 7.1, 7.13, 7.6
Test: DevStudio 7.1, 7.6 Servlet - Self Service - MS Windows XP SP2 - Apache Tomcat 5.0.28
Output: HTML, Excel 2000 and PDF

Gold member
posted Hide Post
I think you can set up something like Visual Source Safe to do version/source control.

Diptesh
WF 7.1.7 - AIX, MVS

Posts: 79 | Location: Warren, NJ, USA | Registered: October 25, 2006Report This Post
<JG>
posted
How deep is the pocket?

IB's position.

"Developer Studio supports third-party source file management products such as Microsoft Visual SourceSafe, PVCS Version Manager from Merant, and others that use an industry standard API. Source file management (called source control in Developer Studio) provides version control for your individual projects and for your team projects, allowing multiple users to work on the same files without overwriting each other's changes. A source control product manages access to source code and documents all code changes.

Developer Studio provides access to basic source control functions through menu options in the Explorer. If your site has installed a supported source control product, you can track the history of project code without leaving your development environment.

Source control is available from the Projects on localhost area in the Explorer. It does not apply to files in the WebFOCUS Environments area."

I'm sure there are a lot of different opinions, about what to use, which is best, and which works best with WebFocus.

I only use them when the client has a requirement that they are used.

Other people’s advice and experience would be of a lot more help than I can suggest as they undoubtedly have much more exposure and practical experience.

Perhaps a general discussion on 'source control' might be an idea.

Report This Post