Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SHARING] Information Builders Launches Comprehensive Cloud-Based Solutions

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SHARING] Information Builders Launches Comprehensive Cloud-Based Solutions
 Login/Join

Expert
posted
Information Builders Launches Comprehensive Cloud-Based Solutions Powered by Amazon Web Services at Summit 2018

"Fully Managed, End-to-End Business Intelligence, Analytics, and Data Management Solutions Now Available"

It would be wonderful if Information Builders offered access to a cloud-based WebFOCUS environment to independent developers or other interested individuals for a nominal fee for learning purposes.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Amen, Brother!

Posts: 1925 | Location: NYC | In FOCUS since 1983 | Registered: January 11, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Perhaps there could be a cloud environment for FocalPointers - each member has their own domain and app folder - sharing and testing programs would be a lot easier - we could finally have a collaborative environment.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Francis

Thanks for this suggestion. I will circulate it with Kathleen and the Customer Support Division and see what they say.

Thank you for using Focal Point!

Chuck Wolff - Focal Point Moderator
WebFOCUS 7x and 8x, Windows, Linux All output Formats

Posts: 2127 | Location: Customer Support | Registered: April 12, 2005Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
In my never ending pursuit of affordable options for small business WebFOCUS consultants, my question to the IBI executives was read and answered at Summit - go to the cloud if you want a four or five user option.

I wanted to know if there will ever be a five user BUE? Gerry responded with an emphatic no. The rest of the executives decided a cloud option might work best for us.

I will see if I can get the local sales force to help me and will report back to you all.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Michael L Meagher,

WebFOCUS 8.2.03 - Production
WebFOCUS 8.2.04 - Sand Box
Windows 2012 R2 Server
HTML, PDF, Excel
In FOCUS since 1980

Posts: 115 | Location: Seattle, WA | Registered: April 07, 2015Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Michael,

Are you saying, per IBI, that the cloud option for WebFOCUS is not suited for handling any more than four or five users?

8.8.09 - z/Linux (WF, Report Caster, Report Library).
Iway FFS on MVS (HFS)

Posts: 36 | Location: Oklahoma City | Registered: December 05, 2006Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
No that isn't what I meant. I have a small side business with my son. In the past I could purchase PC-FOCUS or early Developer Studio for less than $1500 and run WebFOCUS from my desktop. That model went away. IBI came out with BUE with a minimum of twenty users at approximately $30,000. It's a nice product, but way too much for me to spend. I asked if IBI had plans to make a less expensive option. That's where they said there were no plans to do so. Their cloud option can handle as many or few users as necessary. For example, we are considering using the cloud for our enterprise at my day job.

I was not surprised they were not planning a very small business BUE. It may not make sense for them to do that. The cloud option will be fine if the price is right. It has to make business sense for me and IBI.

Windows 2012 R2 Server
HTML, PDF, Excel
In FOCUS since 1980

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Information Builders is taking this suggestion into consideration and hopefully will have a solution in the next 6 months.

Posts: 2127 | Location: Customer Support | Registered: April 12, 2005Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
It's heading towards a year and I have not heard much about a small scale cloud computing environment.

My ideal would be an inexpensive BUE, but the cloud is fine with me. I would prefer to have my data on-prem and WebFOCUS in the cloud. Finding someone at IBI to discuss this with is a challenge.

Unfortunately the IBI West Coast sales team has imploded. We have one very capable system engineer who seems to be covering most of the West Coast. The Seattle sales office closed a few months ago, so the nearest sales rep is in Denver - not exactly next door.

Windows 2012 R2 Server
HTML, PDF, Excel
In FOCUS since 1980

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Michael

I will see what I can do to resurrect this idea.