Focal Point Banner
Community Center Education Summit Technical Support User Groups
Let's Get Social!

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn YouTube
Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] WebFOCUS 8.2.02 Upgradation - Unable to display DEFINE fields of reports mig
Go
New
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
[CLOSED] WebFOCUS 8.2.02 Upgradation - Unable to display DEFINE fields of reports mig
 Login/Join
 
Member
posted
I just got my WebFOCUS upgraded to wf8.2.02 and migrated the wf81 files to wf82. But i am facing a weird issue for few of the reports as they are giving error of "The Fieldname Not Recognized" for the DEFINE fields present inside the report.

I tried creating a fresh report from wf82 infoassist/texteditor, the report was running and well fetching out the DEFINE fields created.

But not sure what's the issue with migrated files, although its not the same for every migrated file, just for few of the files.

Anybody there who could help me out with this?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,


WebFOCUS 8.2.02
Windows 7
 
Posts: 7 | Registered: May 10, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
Could it be related to the special characters in the other thread? Maybe some defines with special charachters in the define name? Could you upload some code snippets?


Test: WF 8.2
Prod: WF 8.2
DB: Progress, REST, IBM UniVerse/UniData, SQLServer, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, Greenplum, Athena.
 
Posts: 435 | Location: Europe | Registered: February 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
Well the code inside my .fex file was as below:

ENGINE INT CACHE SET ON
-INCLUDE IBFS:/WFC/Repository/xxxxxx/Common/get_ec.fex
-DEFAULTH &WF_SUMMARY='Summary';
-DEFAULTH &WF_TITLE='WebFOCUS Report';
-*-----------------------------------------------------
JOIN LEFT_OUTER PDDOCO AND NEW_LINE_NUMBER IN &ECF.EVALbf4311U&EC.EVALbv01
TO UNIQUE PRDOCO AND NEW_LINE_NUMBER IN &ECF.EVALbf43121&EC.EVALbv01 TAG J001 AS J001
END
-RUN
DEFINE FILE &ECF.EVALbf4311U&EC.EVALbv01
ORDER_STATUS/A20 = IF PDUCHG GT 0 OR PDACHG GT 0 THEN 'On Hold'
ELSE IF PDUREC GT 0 AND PDUOPN GT 0 THEN 'Partial Received'
ELSE 'Open';
END

TABLE FILE &ECF.EVALbf4311U&EC.EVALbv01
HEADING
"<+0>Open Purchase Orders Report Generated: &NOW.EVAL"
SUM
PDUORG/D12
PDUREC/D12
PDUOPN/D12
PDUCHG/D12 AS 'QTY On,Hold'
BY ORDER_DATE_YEAR_D AS 'Order,Date'
BY J001.RECEIPTS_DATE_YEAR_D AS 'Received,Date'
BY CLOSED_DATE AS 'Closed,Date'
BY WAREHOUSE_DESCRIPTION AS 'Warehouse Type'
BY PDVR01 AS 'Container,Number'
BY PDVR02 AS 'Customer,PO Number'
BY PDMCU AS 'Warehouse,Number'
BY PDAN8 AS 'Vendor,Number'
BY PDDOCO
BY PDDCTO AS 'Order,Type'
BY NEW_LINE_NUMBER AS 'Line,Number'
BY PDLITM AS 'Client,Product SKU''
BY PDITM AS 'PFS Item,Number'
BY PDDSC1
BY PDDSC2 AS 'Product Description2'
BY ORDER_STATUS AS 'Order,Status'
WHERE PDUOPN GT 0;
WHERE PDMCU EQ '&PDMCU.EVAL';
WHERE IMSRP1 EQ '&BRAND.EVAL';
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT &WFFMT
ON TABLE SET BYDISPLAY ON
ON TABLE SET PAGE-NUM NOLEAD
ON TABLE SET SQUEEZE ON
ON TABLE SET EMPTYREPORT ON
ON TABLE SET HTMLCSS ON
ON TABLE SET HTMLENCODE ON
ON TABLE SET CACHELINES 100
ON TABLE SET GRWIDTH 1
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
INCLUDE=IBFS:/WFC/Repository/brand_xxxxxx/np_gphc_theme.sty,$
ENDSTYLE
END

After running this report, i am getting error as below:

0 ERROR AT OR NEAR LINE 49 IN PROCEDURE openpurchasereports
(FOC003) THE FIELDNAME IS NOT RECOGNIZED: BF4311UABH.ORDER_STATUS
(FOC009) INCOMPLETE REQUEST STATEMENT
BYPASSING TO END OF COMMAND

Seems like its unable to fetch & display DEFINE file fields.
Hoping some good suggestions ahead.. Smiler


WebFOCUS 8.2.02
Windows 7
 
Posts: 7 | Registered: May 10, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
quote:
TABLE FILE &ECF.EVALbf4311U&EC.EVALbv01


Your problem is with the way you've parameterized the TABLE FILE FILENAME. Add a -SET &ECHO=ALL; at the very top of your code and you'll see what's substituted. You can't have a TABLE FILE QUALIFIER.TABLENAME. That's what the error seems to be saying. TABLE FILE requires the name of the synonym. Is there actually a mas file called BF4311UABH.ORDER_STATUS?


WebFOCUS 8206, Unix, Windows
 
Posts: 1847 | Location: New York City | Registered: December 30, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
Could it be that the parameters are not populated?

With &ECF.EVALbf4311U&EC.EVALbv01

I would al least expect bf4311Ubv01 if both params are empty.

Anyway .EVAL is a bit tricky to use. To simplify you can use this:
-SET &MASTERNAME = &ECF.QUOTEDSTRING||'bf4311U'||&EC.QUOTEDSTRING||'bv01';

And just use DEFINE FILE &MASTERFILE


Test: WF 8.2
Prod: WF 8.2
DB: Progress, REST, IBM UniVerse/UniData, SQLServer, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, Greenplum, Athena.
 
Posts: 435 | Location: Europe | Registered: February 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the valuable suggestions, will be back once we are ready to go with de-bugging process.


WebFOCUS 8.2.02
Windows 7
 
Posts: 7 | Registered: May 10, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
quote:
You can't have a TABLE FILE QUALIFIER.TABLENAME


You can have TABLE FILE {TABLENAME}.{FIELDNAME} to change the access path to the data via a different segment in the master file.


Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.06OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Know The Code

 
Posts: 6272 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata  
 

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] WebFOCUS 8.2.02 Upgradation - Unable to display DEFINE fields of reports mig

Copyright © 1996-2018 Information Builders, leaders in enterprise business intelligence.