Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] Global variables EDASPROF

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] Global variables EDASPROF
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
Hai,

working with Datamigrator 81M.
I added two global variables to edasprof-file:
&&GWOWNER, &&GWCONN.
-SET &&GWOWNER='GWSDDBA5';
-SET &&CONN='DBSD';

Then I added these to an access file of a synonym:
TABLENAME=&&GWOWNER.GWTB363
CONNECTION=&&CONN

When I do a refresh of the synonym i get an error. It says:
(FOC1677) undeclared server "&&CONN" referenced for DB2 Interface

When I just add the values in the access file
TABLENAME=GWSDDBA5.GWTB363
CONNECTION=DBSD
everything works fine.

Do those global variables not work with Refresh?

Regards
Ron

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

WebFOCUS AppStudio 8.2.04
WebFocus Datamanagement Console 8.1M
DMC

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
I don't remember 100% but I think that you need to define the variable in the master also.
Something such as (not sure for the second variable, I already made it for one, not two) :
FILENAME=GWTB363, SUFFIX=<your connection type>     ,
 VARIABLE NAME=&&GWOWNER, $
 VARIABLE NAME=&&CONN, $
  SEGMENT=GWTB363, SEGTYPE=S0, $

Cannot find the doc on it to validate

WF versions : Prod 8.2.04M gen 33, Dev 8.2.04M gen 33, OS : Windows, DB : MSSQL, Outputs : HTML, Excel, PDF
In Focus since 2007

Posts: 2409 | Location: Montreal Area, Qc, CA | Registered: September 25, 2013Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Hai Martin

sounds rather overdone to me, adding it in two places ..... Frowner

DMC

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
I didn't know you can use &&Variables in an access file. I thought variables are resolved during the run of a fex. Has that ever worked?

WebFOCUS 8206, Unix, Windows

Posts: 1853 | Location: New York City | Registered: December 30, 2015Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
I added the variables to TABLENAME and CONNECTION in the properties of the synonym.
Also see course 976, Datamigrator Advamced Techniques - Student Guide V7.7.07, chapter 'Iterating through multiple tables'.

Does this only work when running a fex, and not when refreshing a synonym? Does this mean that when I want to refresh a synonym i have to fill in the DB2 schema and connection for a table??

regards
Ron

DMC

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
I think if you want to override the default connection attributes you ought to use ENGINE DB2 SET commands like the ones they list below:
https://webfocusinfocenter.inf...3.htm#dummy358908300

WebFOCUS 8206, Unix, Windows

Posts: 1853 | Location: New York City | Registered: December 30, 2015Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
quote:
I didn't know you can use &&Variables in an access file. I thought variables are resolved during the run of a fex. Has that ever worked?

Yes, and it still does.

@Ron, I use exactly as you and Martin have outlined (add -SET to EDASPROF, VARIABLE keyword in .MAS plus variable in .ACX) and it works perfectly.

Refresh leaves the variable(s) in place in the MAS/ACX files.

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Hai Tony

why do I than get the FOC1677??

I only added the variables in ACX ..

DMC

Expert
posted Hide Post
Hi Ron,

Did you add them to the .mas as outlined by Martin above?

If not then do that.

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Tony,

that works
thnx to you all

Regards
Ron

DMC