Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
PDF Report
 Login/Join

Guru
posted
Hi,

I am creating a report in MRE that contains 6 columns.
When the report output is html everything is ok.
But if I use PDF as out put I am not able to see the result in one page: the first column is in the first page the second and the third in the next page and so on.

Did somebody encounter this issue?

Thanks for your help.

Majid.

WebFocus 7.6.5
AND WebLogic server as web server
sql2005 as database server

Posts: 273 | Location: Europe | Registered: May 31, 2007Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Try adding this to your stylesheet

TYPE=REPORT, SIZE=8, SQUEEZE=ON,ORIENTATION=LANDSCAPE,$

In Focus since 1993. WebFOCUS 7.7.03 Win 2003

Posts: 1903 | Location: San Antonio | Registered: February 28, 2005Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
Thanks Prarie. It works

WebFocus 7.6.5
AND WebLogic server as web server
sql2005 as database server

Posts: 273 | Location: Europe | Registered: May 31, 2007Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
What you are experiencing is standard functionality for creating PDf reports. If the width of all columns exceed the available page width, the report is "paneled." You may have noticed a

(FOC3218) NOTE: REPORT WILL BE PANELED; TOTAL WIDTH IS: xx.xx INCHES

The problem with using SQUEEZE in PDF report is that this may fix the problem some or most of the time, but invariably there will be a record that fills the entire length of a field and cannot be squeezed, so the report is paneled. As a rule, I ALWAYS turn SQUEEZE=OFF in my PDF reports, and play with other attributes like margin and font size to make sure that the report will always display correctly regardless of the record contents. Occasionally, I will set SQUEEZE=n on a particular column (n is the width in inches or whatever your units are) which accomplishes the same thing - column width is always the same.

Regards,

Darin

In FOCUS since 1991
WF Server: 7.7.04 on Linux and Z/OS, ReportCaster, Self-Service, MRE, Java, Flex
Data: DB2/UDB, Adabas, SQL Server Output: HTML,PDF,EXL2K/07, PS, AHTML, Flex
WF Client: 77 on Linux w/Tomcat

Posts: 2298 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah | Registered: February 02, 2007Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Darin,

In your case you probably would want to use WRAP=n instead of SQUEEZE=n. Using SQUEEZE will truncate the column if it is too long and the output is PDF.

Majid,

Read the following two articles for information about formatting for PDF and HTML.

http://www.informationbuilders.com/support/developers/htmlpdf.html

http://www.informationbuilders.com/support/developers/htmlpdf_part2.html

Thanks!

Mickey

FOCUS/WebFOCUS 1990 - 2011

Posts: 995 | Location: Gaithersburg, MD, USA | Registered: May 07, 2003Report This Post